moderated Shorten pending-message notification email, put sender name at the top #suggestion

Yes, the subject line is also problematic, at least on my iPhone. On the laptop, I can see immediately who sent the message from the subject line. But on the phone, all I see is "Message approval needed," which is less than helpful. (See, I avoided hyperbole!!!:-)

Andy

I wonder if "Approval needed" ought to be first in the subject line.  After all, that is what the email message is telling me.

(Yes I know I'm deviating from what you were asking about.  But when I see the subject line, first and foremost it has to tell me WHAT it's about, and then fill in the details.  For me, the fact that a sender sent a message is immaterial, even the group name is not important, until I know WHY groups.io is telling me this.)

Andy

The pending-message notification email currently reads
"A message was sent to the group [group web address] from [sender] that needs to be approved."

I previously sent a suggestion to add the reason for the needed approval. I am now also suggesting that the message be changed to put the sender name closer to the top of the message body, and to shorten the message by using the group name instead of the complete web address, so that the sender can be seen more quickly, without having to open the message. Currently, if perusing the notifications on my phone, I see everything BUT the sender's name unless I open the message.

My suggestion is to change the message to read "[sender] sent a message to [group name - not complete web address] needing approval because [reason - e.g., the user is moderated, the topic is moderated].