moderated Notification inconsistencies when a member joins a subgroup #bug

Andy Wedge

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 11:22 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

And if I add a member to the subgroup via the members record in the main group and use the Subgroups > Subscribe to Subgroups button then:

- the member DOES NOT receive the subgroup Welcome (Member Notice) message

I'm unable to reproduce this. In my tests, I get the welcome message. Are you still seeing this?

I just retested and the member received the Welcome (Member Notice) message so all looks good now.

I have some queries about notifications when a member leaves a subgroup and will raise those separately when I have completed testing.

Thanks.
Andy

Hi Andy,

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 9:12 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

However, if I add a member to the subgroup via the main group Admin > Subgroups page then:

- My owner & moderator accounts for the subgroup DO NOT receive an email notification to say a new subscriber has joined

This has been fixed.

And if I add a member to the subgroup via the members record in the main group and use the Subgroups > Subscribe to Subgroups button then:

- the member DOES NOT receive the subgroup Welcome (Member Notice) message

I'm unable to reproduce this. In my tests, I get the welcome message. Are you still seeing this?

- the member DOES NOT receive an ICS file with the list of calendar events for the subgroup
- My owner & moderator accounts for the subgroup DO NOT receive an email notification to say a new subscriber has joined

These have been fixed.

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

a bug I think, and inconsistencies at least.

If I Direct Add a member of my main group to a subgroup (via the subgroup Admin > Direct Add page) then:

- the member receives the boilerplate Groups.io 'You have been added' message
- the member receives the subgroup Welcome (Member Notice) message
- the member receives an ICS file with the list of calendar events for the subgroup
- My owner & moderator accounts for the subgroup both receive an email notification to say a new subscriber has joined

All good and as expected.

[...]

Regards
Andy