File-update notification does not notify members after choosing "Notify Members" #bug

That’s very funny, because both notifications came through, the first try and the second a couple minutes later. Snd I was sort of remembering that discussion and that onlh one of them should have come through. So, first I’m complaining that they didn’t come through, and then that they did. There’s just no pleasing me. :-) Seriously, I’ll revisit discussion vis-a-vis the time interval required to send an additional notice. This goes not seem to be optimized yet…

On Jun 8, 2021, at 5:02 PM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 06:25 PM, Peter Cook wrote:
Ha, same here - I just got the notices.

Must be a traffic jam somewhere.
This is by design, so that if someone updates several files (or wiki entries or whatever) in a short period of time only one notification is sent.

I believe you'll find the original discussion of this somewhere in here: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/74948073

Regards,
Bruce

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 06:25 PM, Peter Cook wrote:
Ha, same here - I just got the notices.

Must be a traffic jam somewhere.
This is by design, so that if someone updates several files (or wiki entries or whatever) in a short period of time only one notification is sent.

I believe you'll find the original discussion of this somewhere in here: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/74948073

Regards,
Bruce

Peter Cook

Ha, same here - I just got the notices.

Must be a traffic jam somewhere.

Pete

It was just my impatient self. It took 8 minutes to come through. Doesn't seem like it should take that long, but whatevs. :)

Peter Cook

This was working for me as recently as a week ago but I just tested it and it's not anymore - no notification for new file, update, or deletion.

{Pete

I just updated one of our group files and checked "Notify Members," but nothing happened. Thinking it was just me being my usual impatient self, I gave it a few minutes, but still nothing. Then I did it again - still nothing. The log shows both updates. (Also might be good to include "with Notify Members" in the log entry.)