moderated Database Permissions #suggestion

Andy

In Settings > Privacy, there is the choice "publicly viewable messages".

I guess you're asking for the same thing for Databases too.

How about Files?  Photos?  (I'm asking Benoit, not suggesting that I want it.  I don't.)

Andy

Benoît Dumeaux

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 04:02 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
You can already do that. Admin > Settings > Features (panel):

People not only member

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 06:00 PM, Andy wrote:
Does "Edit Rows" include Delete Rows?
Yes, and in Beta #25674 last year, I asked for those permissions to be controlled separately.  There has been no movement on that so far.

Andy

Peter Cook

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 01:00 PM, Andy wrote:
Stupid question time:
Not stupid at all - it's a very good question.

Andy

Stupid question time:  Does "Edit Rows" include Delete Rows?

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 03:09 PM, Andy wrote:
Shouldn't there be more control over who can do what with Database tables?
Individual permissions on tables can be set using the table properties:

Andy

Duane

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 09:09 AM, Andy wrote:
For example, "Members can view, moderators can create tables" also allows members (non-moderators) to create and delete entries in a table.  Wow!

Why?  Shouldn't moderators have more control over that?

Must be something I'm missing.... (there usually is)
Yes, there's a lot more control.  It occurs when the database is created, https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/working-with-databases/creating-a-database-table

Duane

Andy

Sorry, but this is a slight diversion from the original question.

Shouldn't there be more control over who can do what with Database tables?  For example, "Members can view, moderators can create tables" also allows members (non-moderators) to create and delete entries in a table.  Wow!

Why?  Shouldn't moderators have more control over that?

Must be something I'm missing.... (there usually is)

Andy

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 02:47 PM, Benoît Dumeaux wrote:
Possible to add "People can view" database.
You can already do that. Admin > Settings > Features (panel):

Andy

Benoît Dumeaux

Possible to add "People can view" database.

Thanks

--
Dreadaxe