Breadcrumb row #bug

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 6:08 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
Further suggestions relating to the breadcrumb in the calendar:

  • If you navigate away from the current month and display some event details, the Calendar link in the breadcrumb contains a calstart parameter so clicking it will take you back to display the month that the event is in. If you edit the event though, the calendar link in the breadcrumb does not contain the calstart parameter so clicking it takes you back to the current month. Can we include the calstart parameter in the breadcrumb link when editing an event?
  • When viewing responses for an RSVP event, the calendar and event title are removed from the breadcrumb leaving just a link back to the homepage of the group plus the calendar icon & 'Event Responses' text. When viewing responses, can we linkify the event name and add the icon & 'Event Responses' text as the last element of the breadcrumb?
I've made these fixes.

Andy Wedge

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 06:38 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

  • On the Calendar, when displaying event details, the breadcrumb could be expanded to include the event name and include a clickable link to return to the previous calendar view.
Done.
[...]

Thanks
Andy

Judy F.

Thanks so much Mark.  It definitely makes life easier.
Judy F.
SW Florida

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 01:10 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hi All,

I've fixed the link in the album breadcrumb, and I've made changes based on Andy's suggestions for the Topics/Messages/Message pages.

Hi All,

I've spent some more time working on the breadcrumb navigation and fixing some other app-related issues.

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 11:43 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

Some additional suggestions:
  • From the messages screen, selecting Polls from the Messages/Topics/Expanded/Polls buttons shows the Polls icon in the breadcrumb. Selecting a poll from the list causes the breadcrumb link to change to Messages meaning you cannot use the breadcrumb to get back to the list of Polls.
I'm not sure what the right answer is. There are two ways to view a poll, either via the Polls page or via the Messages/Topics nav path. What I've read about breadcrumbs and UI says that when you have multiple paths, only display one (the canonical one) in the breadcrumb.

  • On the Calendar, when displaying event details, the breadcrumb could be expanded to include the event name and include a clickable link to return to the previous calendar view.
Done.
  • From the directory, when selecting a member's entry, the breadcrumb could be expanded to include the member name and a clickable link to return to the Directory.

Done as well.

Also, the issues with the group member page and the header/footer scrolling in the app should be fixed now.

Bob Morley

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 03:41 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
The link colour is a feature if your browser rather than Groups.io and based upon whether or not a particular link is in your browser history to determine if it has previously been visited. The difference in the links you listed and the "sparse" nature of a link for an individual message navigated to by the next/previous arrow icons has always been there as far as I recall.  The "sparse" link format is also used in email footers where it says "View/Reply Online" etc.

Andy
Understood that this is a browser action. What I see in both Chrome and MS Edge is that now they are not seeing the full and sparse links as the same page. This was working up until yesterday and is now no longer working for me.

I assume that others are seeing this as well.

--
Gerald

Andy Wedge

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 11:45 PM, Bob Morley wrote:
Did this change also affect the messages links? When I read messages starting at the Messages  List heading, the links are no longer being marked as being read as I read through one post after another.

In other words, the links still show blue after I have read through several. The problem appears to be that "Next" arrow points to a "sparse" link rather than the full link as seen in the Messages list view.
eg) List view shows: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/29318?p=,,,50,0,0,0::created,0,,1,2,0,29318
<,> links use: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/29318
The link colour is a feature if your browser rather than Groups.io and based upon whether or not a particular link is in your browser history to determine if it has previously been visited. The difference in the links you listed and the "sparse" nature of a link for an individual message navigated to by the next/previous arrow icons has always been there as far as I recall.  The "sparse" link format is also used in email footers where it says "View/Reply Online" etc.

Andy

Bob Morley

Did this change also affect the messages links? When I read messages starting at the Messages  List heading, the links are no longer being marked as being read as I read through one post after another.

In other words, the links still show blue after I have read through several. The problem appears to be that "Next" arrow points to a "sparse" link rather than the full link as seen in the Messages list view.
eg) List view shows: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/29318?p=,,,50,0,0,0::created,0,,1,2,0,29318
<,> links use: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/29318

>>Gerald

Andy Wedge

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 06:10 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I've fixed the link in the album breadcrumb, and I've made changes based on Andy's suggestions for the Topics/Messages/Message pages.

That looks and feels much better - thanks.

Some additional suggestions:

  • From the messages screen, selecting Polls from the Messages/Topics/Expanded/Polls buttons shows the Polls icon in the breadcrumb. Selecting a poll from the list causes the breadcrumb link to change to Messages meaning you cannot use the breadcrumb to get back to the list of Polls.
  • On the Calendar, when displaying event details, the breadcrumb could be expanded to include the event name and include a clickable link to return to the previous calendar view.
  • From the directory, when selecting a member's entry, the breadcrumb could be expanded to include the member name and a clickable link to return to the Directory.

Regards
Andy

Hi All,

I've fixed the link in the album breadcrumb, and I've made changes based on Andy's suggestions for the Topics/Messages/Message pages.

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 05:36 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
Exactly, that was my complaint as well.
Correction, it was not quite my complaint - my complaint (or observation - it doesn't really bother me significantly) os that after doing a search, the results display reverts to the old search box form.

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 12:33 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
if you open a message or topic they switch to the singular form
Exactly, that was my complaint as well.

Andy Wedge

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 10:03 PM, Judy F. wrote:
When accessing various albums in Photos, you can no longer click on Photos or Album Name at the top to select another album, they are not active.
I think the use of breadcrumbs overall is inconsistent, especially in the display of messages and topics.  If you select Messages from the left-side menu the breadcrumb display either Messages or Topics (plural) but if you open a message or topic they switch to the singular form (and the icon for Topic actually changes to that used for a message).  It would be helpful to add the subject of the message/topic to the breadcrumb and make the plural form an active link to get back to the previous display.  An example of how this ideally should/could work can be seen by going to the member list and then displaying an individual membership record.

Andy

Judy F.

When accessing various albums in Photos, you can no longer click on Photos or Album Name at the top to select another album, they are not active.

If you need more information I will be glad to provide it.

This was such a time saver.  Hopefully this is an easy fix.

Thank you,
Judy F.,
Sew It's For Sale GIO
SW Florida - USA