moderated Include reason pending message needs approval, a la the log entry #suggestion

It would be helpful if the pending message notfication included the reason the message needs approval, similar to how the log includes that info ("because the topic is moderated," "because the member is moderated," etc.)

Malcolm Austen

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 02:32:21 +0100, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

It would be helpful if the pending message notfication included the reason the message needs approval, similar to how the log includes that info ("because the topic is moderated," "because the member is moderated," etc.)

Yes please! I started raising this about three weeks ago on [GMF]

but for various reasons have not yet made the #suggestion here. It would be a real help - especially to know if it's a [NMM] or [NM] cause - in the email notice as I sometimes reply on my phone to approve messages.

Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen - email: malcolm.austen@...

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 01:58 AM, Malcolm Austen wrote:
I started raising this about three weeks ago on [GMF]
Interesting GMF thread, which I just read through, but which went completely off topic. There's no reason the notification can't contain the same helpful info as the log entry contains, namely, the reason for the moderation. There are good reasons for wanting that info and the request shouldn't have to be justified. It's helpful, period. Just insert the short reason, done. If it's good enough for the log, it's good enough for the email notification. Saves mods from having to go INTO the log to see why the message needed approval.

Donald Hellen

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 07:29:28 -0700, "J_Catlady"
<j.olivia.catlady@gmail.com> wrote:

There's no reason the notification can't contain the same helpful info as the log entry contains, namely, the reason for the moderation. There are good reasons for wanting that info and the request shouldn't have to be justified. It's helpful, period. Just insert the short reason, done. If it's good enough for the log, it's good enough for the email notification. Saves mods from having to go INTO the log to see why the message needed approval.
This seems like a good idea. If it's simple to implement and not
complicated, it might make life simpler for group managers.

Donald

Bruce Bowman

Mark -- We've recently gotten more inquiries in GMF and Group_Help as to why messages are landing in moderation. Although we continue to refer folks to their activity logs it would be nice if the notification just said so.

Anyway, just wanted to give this idea another bump.

Thanks,
Bruce