moderated 18 hour latency on sending/receiving Message Approval notice for moderated sender, is this normal? #bug

Yusuf Leo Schuman

Thanks all, for the feedback and pointers. I've passed them along.

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 03:41 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
If you paste the message headers from a delayed notification into this tool, it may help you identify where delays occurred:
https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/messageheader/analyzeheader

Or you could just read all the "Received" header lines. The holdup is at rhe server that waited 18 hours before passing the message alomg.
--
David Bryant
Canyon Lake, Texas

Andy Wedge

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 05:13 AM, Yusuf Leo Schuman wrote:
The person responsible for moderation received the Message Approval email 18 hours later at April 7, 2021 at 5:22:16 AM PDT.

Is 18 hour latency for Message Approval emails to be sent expected behavior?
As Shal said, it's not expected behaviour and my notifications tend to come through almost immediately too.

If you paste the message headers from a delayed notification into this tool, it may help you identify where delays occurred:
https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/messageheader/analyzeheader

Andy

Yusuf,

The person responsible for moderation received the Message Approval
email 18 hours later at April 7, 2021 at 5:22:16 AM PDT.

Is 18 hour latency for Message Approval emails to be sent expected
behavior?
No. I generally receive them within moments.

Any insight available?
Most likely greylisting by the email service used by the responsible person.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting_(email)

The responsible person will need to take this up with their email service to see if there is a way to ensure prompt delivery of messages from Groups.io.

Shal

Yusuf Leo Schuman

A message was sent at Tue, Apr 6, 10:42 AM PDT by a person whose emails are being moderated for review. The person responsible for moderation received the Message Approval email 18 hours later at April 7, 2021 at 5:22:16 AM PDT.

Is 18 hour latency for Message Approval emails to be sent expected behavior? If so, this is ... awkward ... for the person responsible for approval.

Any insight available?

Thank you.