Topics

Member with "Posting Always Allowed" could not post to "Announcement-Only Group" #bug

Dan Halbert

A group Member (not Moderator) with "Posting Always Allowed" could not post to one of our groups marked as an "Announcement-Only Group". Other Members with the same privilege have successfully posted to this group in the past.

Was there a change about this recently, or is this possibly a new bug?

I can provide details privately.

Thanks,
Dan

Jim Wilson

It's not a bug. "Posting Always Allowed" does not apply to an "Announcement-Only Group" but rather to default group settings. If members previously posted, it would mean something had to have changed since then.

See https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual?single=true#customizing-group-settings_spam-control-and-moderation-settings

--
Jim

I’m guessing that it was a bug when members *could* post to that group. Seems like nobody except moderators should be able to post to an “announcement only” group.