Topics

Updating the event description or Note To Send Attendees for a repeating RSVP event wipes out all RSVP responses! #bug

Andy Wedge

Mark,

I had a repeating RSVP event defined and when I updated the Note To Send Attendees text and saved the change for all in the series it deleted all the responder details for each occurrence!  A separate test has shown it does this if you update the event description too.  I'm not sure what happened as the first event in the series was also removed from the calendar but there's no Activity Log entry to say it had been deleted.  Updating the text for a single occurrence RSVP event does not delete the responder information.

I now have a real mess to sort out, trying to work out from the Activity Log which member responded to which event in the series and who ended up on a waitlist.  Any suggestions on how I can recreate the responses?

Andy

Andy,

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 8:02 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

I had a repeating RSVP event defined and when I updated the Note To Send Attendees text and saved the change for all in the series it deleted all the responder details for each occurrence!  A separate test has shown it does this if you update the event description too.  I'm not sure what happened as the first event in the series was also removed from the calendar but there's no Activity Log entry to say it had been deleted.  Updating the text for a single occurrence RSVP event does not delete the responder information.

I'm sorry about this. I'm trying to duplicate this but I can't. I create a repeating event, with rsvp. Then I rsvp to one of the events. Then I change the Note To Send Attendees text and update all events. That works for me. Am I missing a step?

As for recreating rsvp details, I don't have any suggestions off hand. I will keep thinking about it.

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 05:10 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I'm trying to duplicate this but I can't. I create a repeating event, with rsvp. Then I rsvp to one of the events. Then I change the Note To Send Attendees text and update all events. That works for me. Am I missing a step?
It doesn't sound like you're missing a step but I can repeat this quite easily. From my Owner account I've just created RSVP Test Event15 on my test@tvam.groups.io subgroup; responded Will Attend to the last two occurrences from my member account and then updated the event from my Owner account (updating all in the series) and now there is no responder information.  The Activity Log shows that my member account responded and I received the RSVP confirmation emails too.

Regards
Andy

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 9:36 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

It doesn't sound like you're missing a step but I can repeat this quite easily. From my Owner account I've just created RSVP Test Event15 on my test@tvam.groups.io subgroup; responded Will Attend to the last two occurrences from my member account and then updated the event from my Owner account (updating all in the series) and now there is no responder information.  The Activity Log shows that my member account responded and I received the RSVP confirmation emails too.

This has been fixed.

When you edit an existing repeating event and update all the events in the series, we need to figure out if you've changed the times of the event or have just edited other aspects (like the location, etc). If you haven't changed the times at all, we can just update all the existing event instances. If you've changed the times, then we delete all the existing event instances and recreate them.

The bug was that we were always thinking you had changed the event times, because of a timezone conversion issue.

Calendars are hard.

Thanks, and sorry about this.

Mark