moderated "Republish wiki page" #suggestion

I've made this suggestion before for individual messages (the ability to resend a message to the group). While I would still like to have that, it seems like it's not gonna happen so I am now narrowing the request to wiki pages.

It would be extremely helpful to have a "Republish page" option at the bottom of wiki pages, which would automatically publish the page as a message to the group.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 06:15 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I've made this suggestion before for individual messages (the ability to resend a message to the group).
Isn't that what Repost is for?

Duane

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 05:22 PM, Duane wrote:
Isn't that what Repost is for?
Repost doesn't apply to wiki pages, repost requires that the group setting allow reposting in general (not just by mods, which is what I wanted and requested last time around), and in any case has a limit of 10 reposts. Can we please stick to wiki pages here because that's what this request is about. I want to be able, as a moderator only, to post a wiki page as a message to the group, and to do it any number of times over the years.

J,

It would be extremely helpful to have a "Republish page" option at the
bottom of wiki pages, which would automatically publish the page as a
message to the group.
Are you looking to send the entire page content in that message, or simply repeat the "Notify Members" function (which sends a link to the page)?

Shal

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 11:03 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
Are you looking to send the entire page content in that message, or simply repeat the "Notify Members" function (which sends a link to the page)?
The page content itself. Many, many times, the text I want to send consists of "how to" instructions for people who are not logged in and who never (or rarely) log in. Sometimes, it even explains HOW to log in. A link would be useless for them. It's Catch-22.

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 07:22 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
The page content itself. Many, many times, the text I want to send consists of "how to" instructions for people who are not logged in and who never (or rarely) log in. Sometimes, it even explains HOW to log in. A link would be useless for them.
The most obvious solution, to me, is to make the wiki public so that links are useful.

I can't think of a situation where I'd need/want to send a wiki page to everyone.  Could you give a specific example?

Since Wiki pages can't be 'published' when created, I think the actual suggestion is a button to Post As Message (for mods only?) in the editor that could be used if needed.

For things like how to log in, I include links to the Members Manual that anyone can see.  I've also set up several notices of type Note To Member that I use when a specific member is having a problem with something so it doesn't need to be sent to the entire group.

Duane

I just gave examples. They are “how to” docs, including how to log on.

Don’t want the wiki public, for many reasons.

No problem with the language. It’s “republish” because its republishing in a different format. It’s also “post to group.” The language is irrelevant to me.

Any more suggestions?

On Apr 3, 2021, at 7:27 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

[...]

Awhile back there was a post by Mark exhorting people not to fight or argue with suggestions made here. I am reminding you of that now. I’ve made my suggestion, I am not required to give you or anyone else examples, and I’m done here unless Mark himself has any questions about my suggestion. It is his decision.

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 09:48 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
Awhile back there was a post by Mark exhorting people not to fight or argue with suggestions made here.
I'm not arguing against it, I just don't see a need for it.  Much easier to justify the time and energy to institute a suggestion if there's a real need for it that can't be done another way.

Duane

KWKloeber

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 08:32 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Repost doesn't apply to wiki pages, repost requires that the group setting allow reposting in general (not just by mods, which is what I wanted and requested last time around), and in any case has a limit of 10 reposts. Can we please stick to wiki pages here because that's what this request is about. I want to be able, as a moderator only, to post a wiki page as a message to the group, and to do it any number of times over the years.

Wouldn't that be essentially the same as copy/paste into a message?  A couple more strokes to one the page, copy, paste... but....
To wit from this wiki (below).  Or is there a reason copy/paste doesn't work for your needs?

Payments Overview

For premium and enterprise groups, Groups.io offers the ability to charge subscriptions for membership to your groups.
For more information check out Group Payments Help Overview

Monitoring Your Wiki Activity

There are some real benefits for Monitoring Your Wiki Activity. Find out why, how and what to do with the information.

FAQ For Yahoo Groups Owners

FAQ For Yahoo Groups Owners (in progress)

We are here for you.