moderated "Missing data" for Activity Log filter and/or filter duplication #bug

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 10:48 AM, Christos G. Psarras wrote:
"Added email alias"
Oh I get it now, "Added email alias" should return any members who themselves have added aliases through the main account settings, and "Added group alias" should return what "Added email alias" returns now, provided it's supposed to work with the same relationship as "changed email" and "mod changed email" returns data now.

Cheers,
Christos

Hi Mark,

I was doing log research and noticed that when I filter by "Added email alias" I get the entries for the group aliases I have added, but when I filter for "Added group alias" I get nothing, should be the same from a technical POV, since they are really the same from a group perspective, one is the action, the other the end result of that action, which begs the question then, are they both needed?

Looks like this is a simple case of assigning to the incorrect log event and also not hiding it from the group filters, if you are using the same table/structure for logging both group and user events, as "Added email alias" is more of a user-level event, from the UI POV anyway.  Or something else is the problem, maybe "Added email alias", in the group filters context, was meant to read "Added group email alias"?  I don't know but something's not quite right.

Cheers,
Christos