moderated Number dropped from subject line with hashtags #bug

Samuel Murrayy

Hello Mark

Oh, I see now.  It was a user who tried to be helpful by adding hashtags to his reply, not realizing that Groups.io does not track which message is a reply to which but regards any edits to the subject line as the start of a new thread.  I'll just wait for the thread to fizzle out and then merge the topics.

Say, as a matter of interest, does it simply involve too much processing power for Groups.io to check the body of incoming messages for previous messages' message IDs (in the footers), to determine which message that message is a reply to, or at least which topic it belongs to?  Users "helpfully" (and in good faith) improving subject lines is something that I regularly encounter.

Samuel
.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 7:46 AM Samuel Murrayy <samuelmurray@...> wrote:

In this message:
https://wordfast.groups.io/g/users/topic/dragon_suddenly_stopped/80312628
... the original e-mail ended on "and 6", but in web view, it ends only on "and".  The 6 got dropped.  I tried various tests sent to my test group but was not able to duplicate the issue with other wordings.

The sender of the message edited the subject line of the reply before sending the message, adding the hashtags and removing the 6.

Looking at the activity log entry for that message, we were showing the processed subject line, with any trailing hashtags removed. I've changed the logic and for new sent message activity log messages, we will use the original, unprocessed subject line.

Samuel Murrayy

Hello Mark