moderated Add the User Name in the "joined" notification #suggestion

Hi Mark,

It can be useful, if you add the user name as well in the mod notification text:

This is to notify you that UserName ...@... has joined your group...
or alternatively
This is to notify you that ...@... (UserName) has joined your group...
Even without the parentheses it would help catch if someone forgot to add a username on their profile, especially when working with a multi-mod group.

Thanks and Cheers,
Christos

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 05:45 AM, Christos G. Psarras wrote:
Even without the parentheses it would help catch if someone forgot to add a username on their profile, especially when working with a multi-mod group.
Do you mean Display Name given that the username field on a profile is not currently used by Groups.io?

Andy

Oh, you're right Andy, thanks for pointing that out!  I guess I'll create a new corrected submission.

Cheers,
Christos