moderated Add "message #" as an option in the Send Message (to member) feature #suggestion

Good point. But it's easier not to have to jump back and forth from the message itself to the Member List ---> Member page ---> Send Message screen with copied text in tow.. Easier to just make note of the message # and be able to enter it.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 6:58 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 08:02 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
I am suggesting that ... there also be a place to enter a message number and the specific message woukd be copied in.
Since you're asking for a one-shot, you'd need to go find which message you want to be included.  Seems to me it would be just as easy to copy the message at that time and paste it into the box.  I know I can't remember the message numbers, nor content, of all the messages on my largest group (or even the smallest ;>)

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 08:02 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
I am suggesting that ... there also be a place to enter a message number and the specific message woukd be copied in.
Since you're asking for a one-shot, you'd need to go find which message you want to be included.  Seems to me it would be just as easy to copy the message at that time and paste it into the box.  I know I can't remember the message numbers, nor content, of all the messages on my largest group (or even the smallest ;>)

Duane

And to clarify: I am suggesting that just like there’s a dropdown at the bottom of the the Send Message screen to specify an existing Menber Notice and have the text of that notice be pasted into the message body, there also be a place to enter a message number and the specific message woukd be copied in.

On Jan 29, 2021, at 5:57 AM, J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

I would like to be able to send a specific message to a specific member on a one-shot basis. Not create a Member Notice.

On Jan 29, 2021, at 5:29 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 06:24 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
It would be very convenient to be able to send a specified message # to a group member.
Are you asking for the contents of a specific message or a link to it?  It seems to me that in either case, you could create a "Note To Member" type of notice to add to the Notices list if it would be something you'd use much.  Or else I'm misunderstanding what you want.

[...]

It would be very convenient to be able to send a specified message # to a group member. Maybe this could be added as an option along with "Notices" at the bottom.