moderated Wrong error/bounce message when member tries to reply to a topic with a "tag only moderators can use" #bug

Hello,

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 9:24 AM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

So it does...eventually...tell you why the failure occurred. The main problem is that the failure is not 500-level, so your provider (and mine) keeps trying to deliver the message.

This should be fixed now.

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 09:30 PM, Andy wrote:
At the least, the bounce message from Groups.io ought to tell the sender WHY the message could not be delivered to that topic.
Andy -- Using GMail, I got this back:

So it does...eventually...tell you why the failure occurred. The main problem is that the failure is not 500-level, so your provider (and mine) keeps trying to deliver the message.

Hope this helps,
Bruce

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 09:30 PM, Andy wrote:
Some of our Hashtags are set so that only Moderators can reply.  ("Only moderators can reply to topics tagged with this hashtag.")

When a regular member tries to reply to it by email, Groups.io does not send an appropriate bounce message.
Andy -- Yep. Just sent a post with a moderator-reserved hashtag and nothing back 10 minutes later. Different from the "only moderators can reply" thing, but similar.

Both should have promptly bounced with a 500-level error of some kind. See https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/27632

Regards,
Bruce

Starchild <sfdreamer@...>

     +1 to this suggestion from Andy as well! Receiving mail delivery failure notices that don't explain why a message was not delivered is annoying and non-helpful.

Namaste,

((( starchild )))