moderated Subject line of messages in Activity section #bug

Hi All,

I've fixed a few things. If a +owner message doesn't have a subject, the subject is displayed as (No Subject). If you click the Reply button when viewing a +Owner message, the subject is once again properly filled out in the reply. I've also reformatted the +Owner message display page along with other misc cleanups.

Andy Wedge

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 04:22 PM, debbie wrote:
I was talking about messages that do have subject lines. BUT, if you have one without a subject line it's still going to have the quotes for the empty subject, like this - sent message "" to owners via email - and you can click on the quotes to see the message.
Yes, I can see that too. This is what I was referring to after selecting the name/email address link on the Activity log:

Andy

debbie

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 6:10 PM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 03:14 PM, debbie wrote:
I noticed over a week ago that when I hit reply to the message, the subject line is blank, not showing the subject that the member sent the message
Messages with a blank subject link show up on the +owner messages list but as there is no subject, there is no link to click on to open them. I'm not sure what was there before in this case but I would say it's a bug at the moment.

Andy

I was talking about messages that do have subject lines. BUT, if you have one without a subject line it's still going to have the quotes for the empty subject, like this - sent message "" to owners via email - and you can click on the quotes to see the message.

Andy Wedge

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 03:14 PM, debbie wrote:
I noticed over a week ago that when I hit reply to the message, the subject line is blank, not showing the subject that the member sent the message
Messages with a blank subject link show up on the +owner messages list but as there is no subject, there is no link to click on to open them. I'm not sure what was there before in this case but I would say it's a bug at the moment.

Andy

Yep, I rechecked and was just logging back in to post again. You're right. It's blank.

I'm not arguing. I'm just explaining why I am right.

debbie

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 5:52 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 07:14 AM, debbie wrote:
I noticed over a week ago that when I hit reply to the message, the subject line is blank, not showing the subject that the member sent the message with.
I can't reproduce this. It's working fine for me.

I checked in two different groups with Firefox and Chrome and it's not working for me.

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 07:14 AM, debbie wrote:
I noticed over a week ago that when I hit reply to the message, the subject line is blank, not showing the subject that the member sent the message with.
I can't reproduce this. It's working fine for me.

It would be nice if when someone sends a message to the owner address, the system would reject the message without a subject line
I think that would be unacceptable. People need to be able to freely send messages to the owner. It's their way of trying to communicate, sometimes by people already having technical issues.

I'm not arguing. I'm just explaining why I am right.

debbie

When a member sends a message to the owner it shows up in the Activity section with a link to see the message. I usually use that to reply to those messages, hitting the reply button at the bottom of the message there. I noticed over a week ago that when I hit reply to the message, the subject line is blank, not showing the subject that the member sent the message with. It used to show the subject line with a "Re:". So, I've been copy and pasting the subject line in.

Related, when a non-member sends a message to the owner, that message is not clickable. I must reply to it from my email. There must be a technical reason why that is so, that I am not thinking of.

Further related, as I've mentioned a while ago, it would be nice if when someone sends a message to the owner address, the system would reject the message without a subject line, just like it does when a member sends a message to the group, which is one of the best little things about groups.io! Another one I love is rejecting messages people send with attachments (when attachments are not allowed), which eliminates the necessity to reject the message for "missing" something.

Thanks,

Debbie