moderated Owner box in photos being changed by members #bug

Judy F.

Thank you Mark, you have made my life a little easier.  I would think this includes Moderators and Owners, right?
Judy F..
Sew it's for Sale GIO
SW Florida - USA

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 01:27 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hello,

I've changed it so that only moderators can change the ownership of photos.

Cheers,
Mark

Hello,

I've changed it so that only moderators can change the ownership of photos.

Cheers,
Mark

JenniferEverSews

yes.
Jennifer
=================

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 12:42 AM, Judy F. wrote:
members SHOULD NOT be able to even click on the Owner box.  Only the Moderator(s) and owner(s) should be allowed to do that.

Judy F.

Duane, I think, as for as our group is concerned and it sounds like at least one other, members SHOULD NOT be able to even click on the Owner box.  Only the Moderator(s) and owner(s) should be allowed to do that.
Thank you/
Judy F.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 08:23 PM, Duane wrote:
On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 06:21 PM, JenniferEverSews wrote:
Then they cannot restore the correct owner's id/name because they cannot recall or find it.
Actually, if a member changes it (and saves the edit), they can't change it back.  Either a group owner/mod or the 'new' owner must do it.  If they change it, but don't save, no harm done.

Duane

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 12:07 PM, Judy F. wrote:
the Sew It's For Sale group
Great group name!

I'm not arguing. I'm just explaining why I am right.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 06:21 PM, JenniferEverSews wrote:
Then they cannot restore the correct owner's id/name because they cannot recall or find it.
Actually, if a member changes it (and saves the edit), they can't change it back.  Either a group owner/mod or the 'new' owner must do it.  If they change it, but don't save, no harm done.

Duane

JenniferEverSews

Yes, please do make this change.
    While some may change the owner box intentionally, sometimes a member changes photo ownership by mistake.  Then they cannot restore the correct owner's id/name because they cannot recall or find it.
    Mods/owners do at times need to be able to change the photo ownership.  For example, when a member dies - their membership is removed as a security precaution.   However, the photos they shared are kept as a treasured reminder of their artistry and friendship.
Thanks,
Jennifer

===============

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 04:07 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
change the Owner box ... causing issues where they are then locked out of editing their photo since the name has been changed when they clicked the down arrow on that line.

Does anyone need this functionality for members? Can I restrict the ability to change photo ownership to just mods/owners?

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 03:07 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Can I restrict the ability to change photo ownership to just mods/owners?
That would be my preference.  In most cases, it confuses members and causes a mess to be cleaned up.

Duane

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 12:07 PM Judy F. <jfaulkner44@...> wrote:

Here's what is happening.  This is on the Sew It's For Sale group.  When members are posting photos and editing them to adhere to our guidelines, some of them are trying to change the Owner box not realizing that it is not something they are authorized to change.  Or at least on our group they  aren't authorized to change it.  This is causing issues where they are then locked out of editing their photo since the name has been changed when they clicked the down arrow on that line.

Does anyone need this functionality for members? Can I restrict the ability to change photo ownership to just mods/owners?

Judy F.

Hi Mark, sometime ago a bug notice was submitted for this issue.  Maybe it got lost in the shuffle.

Here's what is happening.  This is on the Sew It's For Sale group.  When members are posting photos and editing them to adhere to our guidelines, some of them are trying to change the Owner box not realizing that it is not something they are authorized to change.  Or at least on our group they  aren't authorized to change it.  This is causing issues where they are then locked out of editing their photo since the name has been changed when they clicked the down arrow on that line.

I had discussed this with Duane and he confirmed that he felt there was a problem and he submitted the bug report. If you have time, would you look at this and see if it is something I have set incorrectly or if it is actually a bug,  This would be a great help and time saver to me.  By the way, I am the Moderator of this group.  If you need more information, let me know and I will do my best to provide it.

Thank you,
Judy F., Moderator
Sew It's For Sale GIO
SW Florida - USA