moderated Sponsorship on subgroups not show on main group billing page #bug

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 1:54 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

the sponsorship facility is available on subgroups so I tested it with a $5 amount. An entry appears in the activity log and I received a notification email. There is no Billing page for subgroups so I check the main group but it does not show there (only my $5 test for the main group is showing).  Neither of the $5 amounts are showing on my card statement at present to I cannot tell if they worked at all.

Yep, a bug. You shouldn't be able to allow sponsorship of subgroups. I've fixed this and refunded your $5 charge. It should appear on your statement in 5-10 days.

[When your kid has insomnia, you end up awake and fixing bugs in the middle of the night...]

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

the sponsorship facility is available on subgroups so I tested it with a $5 amount. An entry appears in the activity log and I received a notification email. There is no Billing page for subgroups so I check the main group but it does not show there (only my $5 test for the main group is showing).  Neither of the $5 amounts are showing on my card statement at present to I cannot tell if they worked at all.

Some questions come to mind:
- Does it make sense to have the Sponsor option on a subgroup given that you cannot pay for a subgroup on its own?
- Should there be a separate page to show sponsorship payments on a subgroup given that there is no Billing page?

Regards
Andy