Topics

locked Calendar is live

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 11:35 am, Shal Farley shal@... wrote:

Perhaps the calendar ought to operate on the same principle as the messages: a member can only edit or delete an event they created.

I just pushed this change. It will only be in effect for new events; we didn't track who created events up until now. For old events, the old behavior still applies.

Thanks, Mark

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 11:35 am, Shal Farley shal@... wrote:

Perhaps the calendar ought to operate on the same principle as the messages: a member can only edit or delete an event they created.

I think this makes sense. I've added it to the todo list.

Thanks, Mark

Duane

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 11:35 am, Shal Farley <shal@roadrunner.com> wrote:

Perhaps the calendar ought to operate on the same principle as the
messages: a member can only edit or delete an event they created.

Probably better done through an explicit RSVP mechanism than by general
editing of the event.

-- Shal
Those were my thoughts on both, but I never know when someone else might have a better idea. I know Mark has RSVP on his list, but this could be used until then if it would help. To be honest, I'd rather have the limited editing, so the RSVP part was more an afterthought.

Duane

Duane,

I have the Calendar set for "Subscribers can view and edit".
Unfortunately, that means that someone could accidentally (or
intentionally) change an event.
Perhaps the calendar ought to operate on the same principle as the messages: a member can only edit or delete an event they created.

On the other hand, the current capability could be used as a sort of
RSVP where attendees added their names to the event.
Probably better done through an explicit RSVP mechanism than by general editing of the event.

-- Shal

This one's a non-issue for my groups. Our members would never have reason to bother with the calendar. Mods handle it. Just posting for feedback from a different user type...

Trish

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
A couple of people on one of our groups (and I) have a concern.  I have the Calendar set for "Subscribers can view and edit".  Unfortunately, that means that someone could accidentally (or intentionally) change an event.  If it's worth doing, I think it would be safer to only allow the originator or moderators to make changes to an existing event.  I'm sure it can be done, just not sure if it's worth the effort.  On the other hand, the current capability could be used as a sort of RSVP where attendees added their names to the event.  Decisions, decisions...

A couple of people on one of our groups (and I) have a concern. I have the Calendar set for "Subscribers can view and edit". Unfortunately, that means that someone could accidentally (or intentionally) change an event. If it's worth doing, I think it would be safer to only allow the originator or moderators to make changes to an existing event. I'm sure it can be done, just not sure if it's worth the effort. On the other hand, the current capability could be used as a sort of RSVP where attendees added their names to the event. Decisions, decisions...

Duane

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:43 am, Duane txpigeon@... wrote:

Another minor complaint. If I set an event for All Day, start on 1/29, end on 2/2, it only shows through 2/1 on the calendar. I may be looking at it wrong, but I would think it should include the end date.

Fixed!

Thanks, Mark

Duane

Another minor complaint. If I set an event for All Day, start on 1/29, end on 2/2, it only shows through 2/1 on the calendar. I may be looking at it wrong, but I would think it should include the end date.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 10:10 pm, Duane txpigeon@... wrote:

I think I found another glitch on the calendar. I set up an event for July, set reminders for 4 weeks and 8 weeks, and added it. When I clicked on the event, it had changed them to minutes. I also tried setting it to hours and days, but it still shows minutes when I go back in.

Good catch. Fixed!

Thanks, Mark

Duane

I think I found another glitch on the calendar. I set up an event for July, set reminders for 4 weeks and 8 weeks, and added it. When I clicked on the event, it had changed them to minutes. I also tried setting it to hours and days, but it still shows minutes when I go back in.

Duane

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
I noticed this morning that when I look at an event, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get back to the place in the Calendar that I was looking at.  It may be because I'm owner.  I have to click on Calendar again, then click forward to where I was, if another month/week, etc.

I just fixed the breadcrumbs (links at the top of the page), so that at least they're a little consistent. Clicking the calendar doesn't get you back to the specific date you were looking at yet, I'll add that to the todo list.

I noticed this morning that when I look at an event, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get back to the place in the Calendar that I was looking at. It may be because I'm owner. I have to click on Calendar again, then click forward to where I was, if another month/week, etc.

Duane

Agreed. That is a good point. Keep it less than obvious for now. Mark has much work to do (though how he can do it and read all these emails is a question I have <g>). Better for it to be all done than to have hordes of people here wanting to do this and that, getting upset and then dissing it. IMO. Like anything it will always be a work in progress but I think it isn't time yet.

Susan B