moderated Add ability to reply to specific message #suggestion

Marisa-ATLAS

I just set up a new account and am exploring the features to see if it will work for our group. One thing I can't do it respond to a particular message within a topic; when I click on the Reply arrow for a specific message, my reply shows up at the end of the list instead of showing up underneath that message--so it's impossible to see what exactly I'm replying to. Is there any chance that this will ever be changed? It's pretty important in order to follow what's being commented upon. Thanks for considering!

You can make it clear what message you're responding to quoting all or part of it. To do that from the site, simply copy the section you want to quote into your browser and then click "Reply." Your quoted text will automatically be pasted into the top of your response, with an attribution referencing the author of that message.

I don't think anything in particular needs, or even should, be done to implement the request beyond what already exists. I think it could actually cause confusion.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 02:53 PM, <mgeisler02@...> wrote:
when I click on the Reply arrow for a specific message, my reply shows up at the end of the list instead of showing up underneath that message
And if you don't want to highlight the info to quote when you click Reply under the message, the reply box will open under the message so you can easily refer to the original, though a bit more difficult on a phone or tablet.  You can also click Reply, then click the Quote Post icon to copy in the entire thing.  There are many, many features here that may take some getting used to.  Reading the Owners Manual (for group settings) and/or the Members Manual (for things that apply to everyone, such as replies) can answer a lot of questions you may have.

Duane

And if you're replying via email, and you reply directly underneath a specific message within the thread, that specific message will be quoted in your reply (although encapsulated in ellipses saying "show hidden text").

Donald Hellen

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 12:57:54 -0800, "J_Catlady"
<j.olivia.catlady@gmail.com> wrote:

You can make it clear what message you're responding to quoting all or part of it. To do that from the site, simply copy the section you want to quote into your browser and then click "Reply." Your quoted text will automatically be pasted into the top of your response, with an attribution referencing the author of that message.
Yes, what Catlady says, and I'll add that most of your members are
going to post, read, and reply by email and not on the web site.

The reply feature works for the rest of those who reply on the web
site and not by email, so I doubt Mark would want to make changes to
it.

Donald

Marisa-ATLAS

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 02:57 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
To do that from the site, simply copy the section you want to quote into your browser and then click "Reply."
Good deal! I didn't realize this was the way to do it--thanks so much, everyone!