moderated #bug Reply area blank #bug

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 03:34 PM, Hank Seamon wrote:
I just removed the image from my signature as that was the latest change that I could think of doing.

This seems to have fixed my problem.
Hank -- That's interesting. I didn't know you even could insert an image in your subscription's sig line.

I will report this to the other guy who's having the problem and see if it fixes his issue, too.

Thanks,
Bruce

Hank Seamon

Got it figured out. The other day I got 'cute' and inserted an image in the SIGNATURE area.  It was an image of our Roadtrek RV with my Name, State and YR/make of the RV below the image.
It did not show always when looking at my settings, but it DID show in any reply.
Then I ran into the problem of not having the place to type any reply.

--
Hank S.
Littlestown, PA
Hank S.
Littlestown, PA
One mailbox from a Gettysburg address

Oh, good point.

On Dec 31, 2020, at 6:28 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 03:52 PM, Hank Seamon wrote:
When I choose to REPLY in out Roadtrek CyberRally, I can see the topic, my FROM, but the area to type a reply is blank.

this is in  rti.groups.io  As you are noticing, I do not have this  problem with this Beta Group.
Hank -- A second person has now reported this same problem in GMF.

We need to look into what combination of group settings might do this, particularly those in your Message Policies block.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 06:13 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
This same thing happened with a member of one of my groups using Thunderbird awhile back.
Hank's provided screenshot demonstrates that he's attempting to reply using the GIO web interface, not an email client.

Regards,
Bruce

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 03:52 PM, Hank Seamon wrote:
When I choose to REPLY in out Roadtrek CyberRally, I can see the topic, my FROM, but the area to type a reply is blank.

this is in  rti.groups.io  As you are noticing, I do not have this  problem with this Beta Group.
Hank -- A second person has now reported this same problem in GMF.

We need to look into what combination of group settings might do this, particularly those in your Message Policies block.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 06:13 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
This same thing happened with a member of one of my groups using Thunderbird awhile back.
Hank's provided screenshot demonstrates that he's attempting to reply using the GIO web interface, not an email client.

Regards,
Bruce

This same thing happened with a member of one of my groups using Thunderbird awhile back. I first reported it here thinking it was a groups.io digest-reply bug, It turned out to have nothing to do with groups.io or digests and instead was a Thunderbird bug.
Here's the thread.
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/26708

Hank Seamon

When I choose to REPLY in out Roadtrek CyberRally, I can see the topic, my FROM, but the area to type a reply is blank.

this is in  rti.groups.io

As you are noticing, I do not have this  problem with this Beta Group.

Here is a clip of what I see: