moderated Poll -View Results Issue #suggestion

billsf9c

I run very open lists, membership-wise.
I madeva pill a d do nitbsee a nirmak option, ti allow members to see poll results as we go.

Tied, or Seporate, must be, allowing members to See or Not See, who voted how.

TWO options then, which I thought had existed, are missing, from;

Additional Options
Allow multiple choices.
Only moderators and poll creators can view results and responders, regardless of whether the poll is open or closed.
Only display results when the poll has closed. Moderators and poll creators can always view results.
Do not show who responded to the poll.

BillSF9c

Thanks for the entertainment! I needed that. :) Seriously.

Peter Cook

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 11:03 AM, billsf9c wrote:
TWO options then, which I thought had existed, are missing, from;
I see all of those options when I create a poll.

Pete

Duane

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 10:03 AM, billsf9c wrote:
Tied, or Seporate, must be, allowing members to See or Not See, who voted how.
If you don't select "Only moderators and poll creators can view results and responders, regardless of whether the poll is open or closed." or "Do not show who responded to the poll.", then everyone will be able to see how each person voted at any time.  If you select "Only display results when the poll has closed. Moderators and poll creators can always view results." it will do as it says.  I believe that answers your concern, but I'm not sure.

Duane

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 11:03 AM, billsf9c wrote:
Tied, or Seporate, must be, allowing members to See or Not See, who voted how.
Do. Or not do. There is no try.
                                                   -- Yoda

Peter Cook

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 11:03 AM, billsf9c wrote:
I madeva pill a d do nitbsee a nirmak option
As I recall, Mark decided to remove the nirmak option.

I strenuously disagree. Dealbreaker.

On Dec 10, 2020, at 4:01 PM, Peter Cook <peterscottcook@...> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 11:03 AM, billsf9c wrote:
I madeva pill a d do nitbsee a nirmak option
As I recall, Mark decided to remove the nirmak option.

All,

I know the responses were in the spirit of good natured fun, but as I have directly experienced over many years and via many personal mistakes, in email it's easy for sentiments to be misconstrued. Feel free to tease, make fun of, deride, or otherwise direct any and all denigrations, good natured or otherwise, towards me. But please, not towards others in the group.

Sandi D <sandi.asgtechie@...>

I know Bill. He is a member of one of the accessibilty GIO groups for the unsighted, vision and hearing impaired where I offer my assistance.
He uses assistive technology which does not always translate well, what he his speaking.

Hi Bill,
You have posted what appears might be a Zoom Poll question to the wrong group. This is a Group for those with questions on how Groups IO works. If your polling question is about Zoom, please post it to our Accessibility Zoom Users Group. I will answer it there.

If you have created a Groups IO Group and your question is about group Moderators managing GIO polls for members in the GIO group then this is the correct forum. If that is the case, please try again with your question. It did not translate well to text which means sighted people were unable to read words. Much of it was garbled letters and many of the responses were made with attempts to be humorous instead of helpful.

Warm regards,
Sandi Dickenson

Peter Cook

Thank you, Sandi.

Pete

Sandi D <sandi.asgtechie@...>

To those that do want to help the cahracters displayed as "I madeva pill a d do nitbsee a nirmak option, ti allow members to see poll results as we go"
may be translated to read as,
"I made a poll and do not see a check mark option to allow members to see poll results as we go."

--
Sandi

That’s what I was beginning to suspect, and if so, was feeling very bad about the jokes. If you are reading, Bill, please know that our joking was not directed at you personally, but just the funny sounding text. And please accept my sincere apology.

On Dec 11, 2020, at 5:39 AM, Peter Cook <peterscottcook@...> wrote:

Thank you, Sandi.

Pete