moderated Change unsub link in footer to a mailto #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

Folks have recently commented on the requirement to log in after clicking the unsub link in a message footer. This is problematic for those members who never use the web interface; you have to train them on how to log in just so they can leave.

This could be circumvented by changing it to a mailto: link to the +unsubscribe address. That way they can confirm their desire to unsub by responding to the confirmation email without ever having to log in. This already has precedent in the existing "Contact Owner" link, and should be fairly straightforward to implement for html messages. It may be more problematic for plain-text...I haven't fully thought that through yet.

Thoughts welcome...
Bruce

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 4:58 PM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
Folks have recently commented on the requirement to log in after clicking the unsub link in a message footer. This is problematic for those members who never use the web interface; you have to train them on how to log in just so they can leave.

You don't have to log in when you click on that link. We know who you are from the link.

MarkĀ