moderated Account subscribed...but it's not #bug

Bruce Bowman

Mark -- I was using one of my email addresses for system testing of an inquiry from some folks in GMF (or Group_Help, not sure which). In the course of doing so, I deleted and re-created that account a couple of times.

This morning, that address is no longer subscribed to my test group; but when I attempt to send it an invitation, I get an error message that it is "already subscribed." When I post a message to the group, that address does not receive the post; and when I attempt to log in under that address using "email me a link," the email never arrives. When I send a +subscribe message from that address to another group I have, nothing comes back.

I wish I could provide the exact sequence on my end that led to this problem, but I cannot reconstruct that a day later. Sorry. Wondering now if you witnessed this activity and implemented a system-wide ban on the address. Please contact me off-list if you need the group name and email address.

FYI,
Bruce

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 09:54 AM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
This morning, that address is no longer subscribed to my test group; but when I attempt
to send it an invitation, I get an error message that it is "already subscribed.
[And so on...]
False alarm. At some point I had set up the problem address as an alias to another one, and had forgotten that I had done so. Might be helpful if the "already subscribed" notice said something to that effect. I hope this exchange helps others that may encounter similar symptoms. Other than that, my apologies for taking up the bandwidth.

Regards,
Bruce