moderated Update the favicon #suggestion

Duane

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 10:01 PM, Laurence Marks wrote:
At the [GMF] group I was advised to hashtag this as a #suggestion, but it doesn't seem to be getting appropriate attention. I'll be adding the #bug hashtag to raise its visibility.
As long as it's been posted here, it's getting all the attention it deserves.  Not all suggestions are implemented quickly.  Based on Mark's previous comments, it depends on how useful it will be to the most people, with an emphasis on paid groups.  Since it's not a bug, reposting with that hashtag may not get approved.

Duane

Laurence Marks

Chris wrote: "The above was taken while I was writing this message; note that the 2 right hand "unselected" tabs use a white background for the envelope; the icon in the left hand one (and "this" tab if I select a different one) are transparent making the icon hard to see.

Quite what triggers the difference is a complete mystery to me."

And in Chrome, the active tab (when crowded) only contains an X (close tab indicia). That makes sense, since you have the whole page to look at.

At the [GMF] group I was advised to hashtag this as a #suggestion, but it doesn't seem to be getting appropriate attention. I'll be adding the #bug hashtag to raise its visibility.

Chris Jones

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 03:57 AM, Laurence Marks wrote:
This picture shows the problem and also shows how well white would work.
Is there an SI Unit for serious weirdness? If not then perhaps there ought to be.

In doing "other stuff" on a couple of occasions I have finished up with 4 Groups.io tabs open. Now look at this screenshot:

The above was taken while I was writing this message; note that the 2 right hand "unselected" tabs use a white background for the envelope; the icon in the left hand one (and "this" tab if I select a different one) are transparent making the icon hard to see.

Quite what triggers the difference is a complete mystery to me.

Chris

Laurence Marks

The envelope icon appears to generated with blue lines and "transparent" instead of white for the fill. (Favicons support transparency.) The area outside the envelope should be transparent, but the area inside the envelope should be white. As currently designed, it's invisible with schemes with black or blue tabs. (Unfortunately, the default tabs in Windows 10 with Chrome browser, a popular combination, are a blue that's almost the same as the favicon blue, making it nearly invisible.)

This picture shows the problem and also shows how well white would work. See the Give.org, Google, Amazon, and ecobee tabs.

Larry