moderated Display name change by member not captured in Activity Log #bug

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

I noticed a message from one of our members where the display name was set to their email address. It's our policy that the display name is set to their real name and I do this as I Direct Add new members. I can see messages posted from this member in July where the display name was set but there is no indication on the log that it was changed to the email address. I have now reset this and the log shows my change.

Regards
Andy

Sometimes they change their groups.io account display name, which may not be logged as a group action. The whole display-name logging issue has been revisited a few times, and I don't remember what stage it's at but I think that was my conclusion at some point.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 7:36 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
Hi Mark,

I noticed a message from one of our members where the display name was set to their email address. It's our policy that the display name is set to their real name and I do this as I Direct Add new members. I can see messages posted from this member in July where the display name was set but there is no indication on the log that it was changed to the email address. I have now reset this and the log shows my change.

Regards
Andy

ps We have a similar issue. We set the display name to their first name plus their cats name, and sometimes it mysteriously changes.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 04:05 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Sometimes they change their groups.io account display name, which may not be logged as a group action.
If that's the case, I think an account level change should be recorded otherwise it's not a complete audit trail.

Andy

Exactly and IIRC that’s what was suggested last time this came up.