moderated May want to condense the confirmation emails. #suggestion

Due to use of smartphones to read email, a lot of people nowadays only see (and therefore only act on) the first paragraph of an email.
Might be good to condense the text in the confirmation emails.
The wording is excellent, but there are four blank lines.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Groups.io and the group<groupname>.groups.io. To complete your subscription, please reply to this email.

If you did not request - or do not want - a subscription to this group, please accept our apologies and ignore this message.

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Perhaps using line breaks instead of blank lines...

Hello! Thank you for your interest in Groups.io and the group<groupname>.groups.io. To complete your subscription, please reply to this email.
If you did not request - or do not want - a subscription to this group, please accept our apologies and ignore this message.
Cheers, The Groups.io Team

BTW, the process of upgrading from our legacy Basic account to Premium was easy and clear -- a single line rather than a huge form. Well done.

--cg

Andy Wedge

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 03:35 PM, Curt Gowan wrote:
people nowadays only see (and therefore only act on) the first paragraph of an email.
Oh no! The message as it stands is well spaced and because of that it's perfectly readable. I don't see why it needs changing to compensate for people's inability to fully read what they have been sent.

Andy