Topics

moderated Database ordering and datetime field #suggestion

Jim Wilson

I have wondered why the two are separate here while most flavors of SQL support multiple types.

I support adding a proper DATETIME column without removing the other two so users don't become upset by any changes.

BTW, SQLShack has a nice post on the subject.

--
Jim

Chris Smith

Just wondered if there has been any thoughts on this? Any chance it might happen at some stage?

Thanks
Chris

Chris Smith

A date time field would be a handy feature for the database for a use case we have: we need to add entries for past events that occurred at a specific date and time, we then need to display the entries ordered from oldest to latest date & time.

Either that, or some way to link the existing date & time fields together for sorting purposes?

It would also be nice to be able to set a field as the default sort order for display purposes.

Chris