Topics

moderated ID to datatable #bug

Benoît Dumeaux

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 02:50 PM, Jim Wilson wrote:
One benefit is finding duplicates to remove the later entry.

You have edition update date. Maybe show creation date of the row could be more effective.

Jim Wilson

Duane is right. ID goes back to the early days of databases where every row is assigned a unique and permanent number. One benefit is finding duplicates to remove the later entry.
--
Jim

Duane

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 06:49 PM, Benoît Dumeaux wrote:
When I delete a line, the ID don't change
That's the way it works.  The ID numbers never change and are created when a new row is added.  The number is deleted when you delete a row, but they're never used again on that database.

Duane

Benoît Dumeaux

When I delete a line, the ID don't change