Topics

moderated Groups.io Allegedly Blacklisted #misc

ro-esp

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 07:22 PM, John Wirtz SF wrote:

Imagine if your postman filtered your
mail before he put it through your letter box. That’s exactly what these
providers are doing, making decisions for us and not giving us any support
to fix it and authenticate our business activity.
Yes, that's one reason I am with a "small" ( thousands of subscribers) provider and happily paying a few euro. It uses spamassassin, which means I can (/have to) check my spambox for "ham" and unflag it.

groetjes/ĝis, Ronaldo

Roger Colwell

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 03:25 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
It could be that messages are being delayed as they're routed to Spamhous, so the time frames given may be incorrect. Or something else. Clearly I'm missing something.
Mark, is there any possibility that your mailserver is being scored negatively by its hostname using the .IO TLD (there may have been some earlier discussion about this but I cannot find it)? I presume you're the owner of groupsio.com (as it is a registered domain), so did you ever use that in earlier times?

Roger

Joseph Hudson

Mark, I'm seeing delay again with Spectrum/TWC. As of 2 o'clock.

On Oct 26, 2020, at 9:26 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

We were blocked again by Spamhaus last night for a few hours. They have not been helpful as of yet, and I have not been able to isolate what address is causing the blocking.

Good news is that I've gotten word from Charter that they have removed the block. So, some progress.

Sounds like that thing where to stay in business you have to pay the mob.

On Oct 26, 2020, at 11:22 AM, John Wirtz SF <john@...> wrote:

Chris,

One of the reasons I wanted to use a group rather than do bulk email from my own IP is that I encountered this problem and it wasn’t stable.  Every provider has different criteria, few of them report the bouncing (gmail in particular).

It has been a real problem for two or three years now.  I’ve attempted to get support but failed miserably, no answer to support emails, nothing.  Many asking for fees to unblock, etc.  One colleague said: just get “G Suite”.  I think that exactly what Google want.  There’s something going on and I can’t believe it’s only about spam.  Imagine if you post man filtered your mail before he put it though your letter box.  That’s exactly what these providers are doiung, makinf devisions for us anmd not giving us any support to fix it and authenticate our business activity.

But, for those who wonder why we pay, we have a (real person) who attempts to fix things for us.

Cheers

John Wirtz