Topics

moderated receiving owner emails even though "owner emails" set to "none" #bug

Nope. It looks like she sent it directly to the group after being approved, for some reason. But good to know.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 06:51 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I had received a response to a pending member notice in that group ,which normally would just be an owner email, but for some reason it had actually posted it to the group.
Was it from a btinternet.com address? Under some circumstances btinternet.com strips the +owner part of the address and the message gets sent to the group instead.

More details at https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/34125793 

Regards,
Bruce

Mark, forget about it. I had received a response to a pending member notice in that group ,which normally would just be an owner email, but for some reason it had actually posted it to the group. So it was a group message. I just ran a test of sending an owner email to the group myself and did not receive it.
No bug.
--
J

My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 03:30 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
Could you be confusing +owner emails with notifications
No.

--
J

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 05:43 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I just went into my subscription in one of the groups I'm a moderator in to set my "owner emails" to "none," but it was already set to that even though I've been receiving owner emails. Possibly a small glitch there.
Could you be confusing +owner emails with notifications? I get them turned around in my head sometimes.

Bruce

I just went into my subscription in one of the groups I'm a moderator in to set my "owner emails" to "none," but it was already set to that even though I've been receiving owner emails. Possibly a small glitch there. (I have not been receiving owner emails lately in another group I'm a mod in, which was also already set to "none"; but I don't think there have been any recently in that group, or at least since I set it to "none.")
--
J