Topics

moderated receiving owner emails even though "owner emails" set to "none" #bug

Nope. It looks like she sent it directly to the group after being approved, for some reason. But good to know.

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 06:51 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I had received a response to a pending member notice in that group ,which normally would just be an owner email, but for some reason it had actually posted it to the group.
Was it from a btinternet.com address? Under some circumstances btinternet.com strips the +owner part of the address and the message gets sent to the group instead.

More details at https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/34125793

Regards,
Bruce

Mark, forget about it. I had received a response to a pending member notice in that group ,which normally would just be an owner email, but for some reason it had actually posted it to the group. So it was a group message. I just ran a test of sending an owner email to the group myself and did not receive it.
No bug.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 03:30 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
Could you be confusing +owner emails with notifications
No.

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 05:43 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I just went into my subscription in one of the groups I'm a moderator in to set my "owner emails" to "none," but it was already set to that even though I've been receiving owner emails. Possibly a small glitch there.
Could you be confusing +owner emails with notifications? I get them turned around in my head sometimes.

Bruce

I just went into my subscription in one of the groups I'm a moderator in to set my "owner emails" to "none," but it was already set to that even though I've been receiving owner emails. Possibly a small glitch there. (I have not been receiving owner emails lately in another group I'm a mod in, which was also already set to "none"; but I don't think there have been any recently in that group, or at least since I set it to "none.")