Topics

moderated Member Unable to Post Through Email #bug

Chris

I noticed in the most recent Site Update the following change:

"SYSADMIN: Warming up a new email server by gradually sending some email traffic through it and monitoring email deliverability"

Since then, one of my members has reached out telling me that he's sending emails to my Group but they're not showing up.  He is using a Hotmail account and posting using an iPhone.  I checked his member profile and nothing looks out of line.  I also checked Admin > Activity and see nothing unusual there either.  I'm left thinking it's something in this new email server that's blocking/preventing his posts from being delivered and showing up.

Thanks.

Chris
Joint Line Railfanning

Ginger Iorizzo

I had the same problem this morning. However, my messages did show up later in the afternoon.
I had the same thought - that it could have been related to the update you referenced.
Ginger

On Oct 4, 2020, at 4:10 PM, Chris via groups.io <paulhamus@...> wrote:

I noticed in the most recent Site Update the following change:

"SYSADMIN: Warming up a new email server by gradually sending some email traffic through it and monitoring email deliverability"

Since then, one of my members has reached out telling me that he's sending emails to my Group but they're not showing up.  He is using a Hotmail account and posting using an iPhone.  I checked his member profile and nothing looks out of line.  I also checked Admin > Activity and see nothing unusual there either.  I'm left thinking it's something in this new email server that's blocking/preventing his posts from being delivered and showing up.

Thanks.

Chris
Joint Line Railfanning._,_

Andy Wedge

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 09:10 PM, Chris wrote:
"SYSADMIN: Warming up a new email server by gradually sending some email traffic through it and monitoring email deliverability"
When I saw this update, I read it as a new server for outgoing emails from Groups.io.  If that's the case, then it shouldn't impact incoming emails.

Andy

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 12:17 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 09:10 PM, Chris wrote:
"SYSADMIN: Warming up a new email server by gradually sending some email traffic through it and monitoring email deliverability"
When I saw this update, I read it as a new server for outgoing emails from Groups.io.  If that's the case, then it shouldn't impact incoming emails.

This is correct. This serves outgoing email and has no effect on incoming messages.

I'm not aware of any issues with email processing.