Topics

moderated In pending message rejection, include the originally sent message, not an edited but still unapproved version of it #suggestion #misc

I recently started to edit an extremely long pending message for length and clarity. I eventually gave up and simply rejected the message, asking the member to rewrite it herself and resend. But in the message rejection notice, on which I bcc'd myself, where it says "the message is attached," the original message was not attached. Instead, the partically edited (by me) version of it was included.  This could be extremely confusing to the member and I think this is a mistake.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 10:34 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I recently started to edit an extremely long pending message for length and clarity. I eventually gave up and simply rejected the message, asking the member to rewrite it herself and resend. But in the message rejection notice, on which I bcc'd myself, where it says "the message is attached," the original message was not attached. Instead, the partically edited (by me) version of it was included.  This could be extremely confusing to the member and I think this is a mistake.

I've made this change.

Cheers,
Mark