moderated Subscribing to particular tags only

In the past, I thought it was possible to only subscribe to particular tags, but I can't see the option any more. Is that still possible?

To do that, go into your subscription for the group, click on Advanced Preferences, and then on Following Only. Then go to your groups.io home page (groups.io) and click on Followed under Hashtags. From there you can click on +Follow a New Hashtag. You then enter the name of the hashtag, specify which group you want to follow it, and specify the duration.

It is not intuitive IMHO.

OTOH, in defense of this method, and the reason it is probably not analogous to the method for following threads, is that hashtags may be duplicated in several groups. It still seems that the UI for this could be improved, though.

Chris,

In the past, I thought it was possible to only subscribe to particular
tags, but I can't see the option any more.
As J said, for emailed messages it begins with choosing "Following Only" as your Message Selection (in the Advanced Preferences expander, on your Subscription page).

Then if you've checked "First Message Also", you'll receive the first message in each new topic. In the footer of that message there should be a link for each hashtag of the message, to follow that hashtag (as well as a link to follow that particular topic). I think those links are also available in full-featured digest also, but I'm not certain.

I agree with J about the web method being non-intuitive. I think one should be able to follow hashtags from the Hashtag page of each group, as well as from the "More" menu of each message which has hashtags.

Shal