moderated Adding Hashtags to old postings

I can't figure out how to add new hashtag to old posts.  Any hints?  Or is it not possible?
--

Eric Snyder
recessions.worth.airstrikes

You can only add it to a topic, not an individual message, because a hashtag belongs to the topic as a whole. You would do it by changing the subject line, either by hand or by using the "add tag" dropdown. You can't add a hashtag by changing the subject line of an email. It has to be done on the web.

On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 6:41 AM, Eric Snyder <egsnyder@...> wrote:
I can't figure out how to add new hashtag to old posts.  Any hints?  Or is it not possible?

p.s. Use "More" and then "Edit Topic" at the bottom.

On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 8:44 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
You can only add it to a topic, not an individual message, because a hashtag belongs to the topic as a whole. You would do it by changing the subject line, either by hand or by using the "add tag" dropdown. You can't add a hashtag by changing the subject line of an email. It has to be done on the web.

On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 6:41 AM, Eric Snyder <egsnyder@...> wrote:
I can't figure out how to add new hashtag to old posts.  Any hints?  Or is it not possible?

Hi Eric,

Just click on the message/post to open it, then click 'edit' post. Once you have done that, then you can add the hashtags you need to do just as you do with a new message/post. I am just working my way through our older messages/posts and doing this. It is laborious but well worth the effort put in.

Hope this helps.

Kindest Regards
Tina Barnes

"Helping Those Most in Need Within Our Communities and Beyond "

"Failure is knowing that you can make a difference in someone's life but You CHOOSE not to David L Hill"

Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 10:41 PM
From: "Eric Snyder" <egsnyder@...>
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: [beta] Adding Hashtags to old postings #hashtag #hashtags
I can't figure out how to add new hashtag to old posts.  Any hints?  Or is it not possible?
--

Eric Snyder
recessions.worth.airstrikes
p: (613) 656-4111  m: (613) 862-4111
w: snyderthorn.com  e: Eric@...

That’s mostly correct but you have to choose ‘Edit topic,’ not ‘Edit message.’

Sent from my iPhone

Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 10:41 PM
From: "Eric Snyder" <egsnyder@...>
To: main@beta.groups.io
I can't figure out how to add new hashtag to old posts.  Any hints?  Or is it not possible?
--

Eric Snyder
recessions.worth.airstrikes
p: (613) 656-4111  m: (613) 862-4111
w: snyderthorn.com  e: Eric@...

Thank you Catlady. As there is only one option to "Edit", that being of 'Edit Topic', when you open an old message I didn't think to mention it, sorry. My bad! I will be more clear next time. :)

Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 10:41 PM
From: "Eric Snyder" <egsnyder@...>
To: main@beta.groups.io
I can't figure out how to add new hashtag to old posts.  Any hints?  Or is it not possible?
--

Eric Snyder
recessions.worth.airstrikes
p: (613) 656-4111  m: (613) 862-4111
w: snyderthorn.com  e: Eric@...

I can’t think of why that would be, except for the possibility that you’ve set your group to lock topics (meaning, the messages within them) after a certain length of time? Otherwise, it’s generally possible to edit messages (as well as topics), no matter how old they are.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 10:41 PM
From: "Eric Snyder" <egsnyder@...>
To: main@beta.groups.io
I can't figure out how to add new hashtag to old posts.  Any hints?  Or is it not possible?
--

Eric Snyder
recessions.worth.airstrikes
p: (613) 656-4111  m: (613) 862-4111
w: snyderthorn.com  e: Eric@...

No, Topics is not locked at all and main screen is always set to Messages when accessing the old messages for editing, and not Topics. After editing I have to change the setting back to Messages before opening another old message. So that it not it at all sorry! Least not on my screen. :)

By the way, how do you LOCK Topics on, or Messages for that matter please? This might be a useful tip for some group owners and moderators.

Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 10:41 PM
From: "Eric Snyder" <egsnyder@...>
To: main@beta.groups.io
I can't figure out how to add new hashtag to old posts.  Any hints?  Or is it not possible?
--

Eric Snyder
recessions.worth.airstrikes
p: (613) 656-4111  m: (613) 862-4111
w: snyderthorn.com  e: Eric@...

You might want to ask these questions about how to use groups.io in the GMF group. This beta group is only for suggestions about features, not about basics of use. I, and many people, can answer all of these basic questions in the GMF group, including how to add hashtags, how to lock topics, the fact that you *can* edit "old messages,"etc. See you there!

Ouch! Thank you!

Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 7:39 AM
From: J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...>
To: main@beta.groups.io
You might want to ask these questions about how to use groups.io in the GMF group. This beta group is only for suggestions about features, not about basics of use. I, and many people, can answer all of these basic questions in the GMF group, including how to add hashtags, how to lock topics, the fact that you *can* edit "old messages,"etc. See you there!

On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 03:47 pm, Tina wrote:
Ouch!
Didn't mean for it to be an ouch. I (and, I'm sure, many others just as knowledgeable about groups.io basics) will be happy to help you with all of these issues (in depth and at length!), but I don't want to clutter up this group! Here is the GMF group:
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

Thanks.  I wasn't aware of the other group.