moderated Suggestion: Variations in livery colours between Main and Sub groups

Matty Smith <mattysmith.smith@...>

I belive this has been discussed already but I am nit sure what the outcome has been.
In exploring possible adoption of Groups.io as an alternative to Yahoo! we are struck by how difficult it is to maintain awareness of which Groups.io we are in - the Main or the SubGroup - because they both have an identical interface.
The facility to change the blue highlight colour to a different one for sub groups would be really helpful, Is this being worked on as a possible future update?
Thanks
Matty

Duane

Since the blue bar is basically a site summary for you, maybe allow changing the color of the light gray bar, just below it on most pages, that contains the group name?

Duane

Bob Bellizzi

I'm at a loss to understand why the need to change the color per group, sub group, etc.
Immediately below the blue stripe, very clearly, on both mobile small screen and desktop screens is the group identity.
In the current case both screens on my devices it says "main at beta.groups.io" followed by "Messages"
The only time it goes away is when one scrolls down the content.
Our's is a group with a high percentage of low vision, but not completely blind people, among our almost 3500 members.
--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

Matty Smith <mattysmith.smith@...>

Hi
@ Duane - yes, being able to change that light grey bar colour would be a good solution.
@Bob - yes, I can see that the light grey bar carries a clear text statement of location (Main or SubGroup). However, given the power of colour over straight text, having a variable in the Admin that not only allows different banners for Mains or Sub Groups, but also allows for the colour of either the top blue bar or the lower light grey bar to be changed, would be an added, and I think, more powerful, indicator of location.
Thanks
Matty