Topics

moderated Membership Page and Activity History #bug

Are there any plans to restore the History for banned members? I know this has been through several iterations so I don't know whether its recent disappearance was intentional or part of this bug. The banned list used to be the *only* place you could see the history of past members (which led to the hack of banning recently left members so I could see their history), but then the history was added to the Past members (which is not available in basic groups) and was available in both places. Now it's gone from Banned.

Sandra

That is perfect. Thank you very much.

Sandra

Looks good now. Thanks!

I'm reading about Mark's fix after posting my message. They crossed. I'll check it out now.

I agree. It is - to use a strong word, but I believe warranted - worthless in its current form. It seems to consist of just the join (or apply) date and all the messages the member sent. You can get that by "all messages by this member" - which is in fact more useful, since that's all the messages that were posted. The list of messages the member sent only adds extraneous (and useless) information because not all of them may have been approved.

Hello,

I think I've fixed this bug now. Please let me know if it is still not working right.

Sandra

Thanks Janet,

I am pretty sure I used to be able to see a lot more activity on the member page and under their activity history.

I found an old topic where it was discussed and it seems like "all activity" for a member is in the activity history on their member page.

https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/3122?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,%22member+page%22,20,2,80,93560

It seems to have changed a month or so ago. I know I can find the information in other ways, but it was handy. Right now the activity history on the member page, is basically "all messages by this member".

Sandra

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 08:39 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Changes to the member's posting status are not currently shown in the member activity page at all. I don't know if they ever were
It's so weird. Thinking about this later, I could swear I used to see these in the member's activity history. I could tell, for example, whether someone had been put on and off moderation multiple times, and I'm pretty sure I could see by which moderator and all the details. To check, I tried to look in some banned members' history - but even the history records of those members are now completely gone. So I looked in the activity logs of some current members, and the only thing in them now are things like "applied" and "sent message." I think you're right that there have been some major changes here. And I think not being able to see changes to a member's posting status, for example, is not good. I just changed someone's status yesterday and it's not showing up at all in the member's activity.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 08:11 PM, Sandra wrote:
The drop down box on the member page - activity history indicates a box for "approved pending message", but it does not show any results.
That refers to the member, if a moderator, approving someone else's pending message. It would not show any results if the member is not a moderator. It's not related to the member's own messages being approved.

I could also see who approved the member, who changed anything, changed their message status. Even for unmoderated members, on their member page, under activity history, I can no longer determine, which moderator may have made a change to their membership, posting status etc.
I don't remember ever being able to do that, but I could be wrong. In any event, it's not that you "can no longer determine which moderator made a change to their posting status." Changes to the member's posting status are not currently shown in the member activity page at all. I don't know if they ever were.

.--

Sandra

I am not sure if this is a bug or change in the membership page. I am a moderator on a busy group. When new members post and I am looking at the pending message, I often view the "member page". I like to look at the activity history, see who approved previous messages, and then look at previous messages and decide whether to ask them to post to the previous topic or start a new topic and link the prior topic.

At one point on the member page, under activity history, I could see who approved the message, and the topic (blue message for lack of a better description - once they are off moderation). However that has disappeared. If they are a member under moderation, I need to exit their member page, go to the group, search for the prior message, go back to the pending message, and decide on approval etc. The drop down box on the member page - activity history indicates a box for "approved pending message", but it does not show any results. I am using "show all activity" when viewing the activity history.

I could also see who approved the member, who changed anything, changed their message status. Even for unmoderated members, on their member page, under activity history, I can no longer determine, which moderator may have made a change to their membership, posting status etc.

I did search beta, and the GMF group for comments but did not come across any notices of changes.

Of course I can search the main activity log to determine those changes, but found it quite handy to look at the individual member page and their activity history.

Not sure if this is a bug, or a change in methodology.

Thanks in advance.

Sandra