Topics

moderated text Message Footer in html #bug #fixed


Andrew Partan
 

If I add a Message Footer like this:

line 1 - https://my.web.site
line 2 - https://your.web.site

It show up properly html encoded in the html copy of every message.
But it also shows up html encoded in the text copy of every message.

It used to show up just fine but this broke a bit ago. Unfortunately
I don't remember when.

I tried going to Admin->Settings and hit the Update Group, but that
didn't fix it. I then tried going to Admin->Settings, made some
minor changes to the Message Footer and hit the Update Group, but
that also didn't fit it.

Andrew Partan


Duane
 

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 12:16 AM, Andrew Partan wrote:
It show up properly html encoded in the html copy of every message.
But it also shows up html encoded in the text copy of every message.
That sounds normal to me.  How it will show up in an email depends on the program that's reading it.  Many will attempt to make a live link when they see a URL.

Duane


Bob Bellizzi
 

Sounds normal BUT possibly you changed your email client, or your email supplied did or you changed something at your end that made it happen.
But as Duane says, it sounds normal.
--

Bob Bellizzi


Andrew Partan
 

On Sat, Sep 05, 2020 at 11:48:12PM -0700, Duane wrote:
On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 12:16 AM, Andrew Partan wrote:
It show up properly html encoded in the html copy of every message.
But it also shows up html encoded in the text copy of every message.
That sounds normal to me. How it will show up in an email depends
on the program that's reading it. Many will attempt to make a live
link when they see a URL.
NOT normal here. The only urls that got html linked are the ones
I added to the Message Footer. The rest are untouched. And the
{br /} was added too:

_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#26161): https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/26161
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/76662310/202549
Mute #bug: https://groups.io/g/beta/mutehashtag/bug
_=_=_
line 1 - {a href="https://my.web.site" target="_blank"}https://my.web.site{/a}{br /}line 2 - {a href="https://your.web.site" target="_blank"}https://your.web.site{/a}
_=_=_
Group Owner: main+owner@beta.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/leave/random/numbers/xyzzy [subscriber@...]
_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_


Andrew Partan


Bruce Bowman
 

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 06:29 PM, Andrew Partan wrote:
NOT normal here. The only urls that got html linked are the ones
I added to the Message Footer. The rest are untouched.
Andrew -- Just because you're seeing anchor tags is no evidence that groups.io inserted them. A plain-text email cannot include a hyperlink, pretty much by definition; and the Message Footer field in settings has no provision to insert anything as html.

I still think it's something on the receiving end, probably your email client. If you tell us what client you're using (preferably in GMF), we might be able to tell you how to turn it off.

Regards,
Bruce


Andrew Partan
 

On Sat, Sep 05, 2020 at 11:27:10PM -0400, Andrew Partan wrote:
If I add a Message Footer like this:

line 1 - https://my.web.site
line 2 - https://your.web.site

It show up properly html encoded in the html copy of every message.
But it also shows up html encoded in the text copy of every message.

It used to show up just fine but this broke a bit ago. Unfortunately
I don't remember when.
I went thru some old messages I have. Turns out its been broken
since last December if not longer.

But if the message only contains a text/plain part, then the
customized Message Footer is correctly formatted with no html.

However if the message contains both text/plain and text/html parts,
then the customized Message Footer is formatted with html in the
exact same way in both the text/plain and text/html parts.

Andrew Partan


 

Hello,

This should be fixed now.

Cheers,
Mark