Topics

moderated #suggestion RSVP Adult Child separate #suggestion

Anthony Angelo

Being able to have RSVPs separate for adult/children would be helpful. The current count is nice as it gives me the number of families attending, but having adult/child counts would be nice.
Thanks.

Nancy Funk

I agree!  We host many events that are for kids only, parents seem to struggle with how to respond to account for the correct amount of children. For instance, we may host a kids-only class with a maximum number of attendees, but parents will signing up two kids will inadvertently  RSVP for themselves plus two more, when they just need to do a plus 1. It throws off the count.

Mahendra Bakshi

Why not ask members to specify two numbers:
1.  Number of kids attending
2.  Number of other family member attending.

Mahendra Bakshi.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 08:30 AM, Mahendra Bakshi wrote:
Why not ask members to specify two numbers:
1.  Number of kids attending
2.  Number of other family member attending.
That's getting pretty (overly) specific while still leaving out other possible categories (friends etc.). I don't favor any of this but would not object strongly to the original suggestion (adults vs kids) since it seems to be helpful to some people.

Bob Bellizzi

While I understand the suggestion, it could lead to even more requests for further differentiation, viz:  the age line for "kids", younger than 16 or through 16, the gender claimed or other personal selective identity. This could even vary depending on the geography, the family or any one of several factors.
And, what about "almost adults".  In many families there is a period where that classification is used at mixed parties of gatherings wheree they might be allowed a wine fizz, under supervision.  (Italian Immigrant families often allow middle teend a little wine with a lot of soda pop during family get togethers
It seems to me that these classifications should be handled outside the RSVP via email or message to the responsible person.

--

Bob Bellizzi

Andy Wedge

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 10:31 PM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
While I understand the suggestion, it could lead to even more requests for further differentiation, viz:  the age line for "kids", younger than 16 or through 16, the gender claimed or other personal selective identity. This could even vary depending on the geography, the family or any one of several factors.
I'm with Bob on this. There could be so many variations that different groups want specific allowances for.

Anthony Angelo wrote: "The current count is nice as it gives me the number of families attending,"
The count is for the number of attendees/individuals rather than families.

In my recent testing, I did not look at options for bringing guests. I've just tried this though and see that it keeps count towards the limit of individuals attending (rather than families).  Combing the number of guests with the option to request additional information by the organiser (e.g. how many of your guests are children?) would allow flexibility without overly complicating the system.

Andy