Topics

locked New feature: Reply to Topic Followers Only #update

<ul>
<li>The first message in a new topic is sent to everyone in the group as per their normal settings.</li>
<li>A follow topic record is created automatically for the person who originated the topic.</li>
<li>A follow topic record is created automatically for anyone who replies to this original message.</li>
<li>All subsequent messages to the topic are sent only to people who are following the topic.</li>
</ul>

And it looks like I just uncovered a (completely unrelated) bug having to do with editing a pending message that was originally composed in Markdown causing the resulting message to be improperly HTML encoded. So I'll be fixing that. :-)

Mark

Mark, can you resend this? It’s coming through with all the HTML. Thx!

On Aug 31, 2020, at 2:50 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

<ul>
<li>The first message in a new topic is sent to everyone in the group as per their normal settings.</li>
<li>A follow topic record is created automatically for the person who originated the topic.</li>
<li>A follow topic record is created automatically for anyone who replies to this original message.</li>
<li>All subsequent messages to the topic are sent only to people who are following the topic.</li>
</ul>

Or maybe it’s just something weird with my phone???

On Aug 31, 2020, at 3:09 PM, J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Mark, can you resend this? It’s coming through with all the HTML. Thx!
On Aug 31, 2020, at 2:50 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

<ul>
<li>The first message in a new topic is sent to everyone in the group as per their normal settings.</li>
<li>A follow topic record is created automatically for the person who originated the topic.</li>
<li>A follow topic record is created automatically for anyone who replies to this original message.</li>
<li>All subsequent messages to the topic are sent only to people who are following the topic.</li>
</ul>

My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu