Topics

moderated Pending member notification but no one is pending? #bug

Christina Shideler

I apologize if this has been addressed before, a quick search did not bring it up. Also, if this is simply a case of user error on my part, please enlighten me!

I'm a moderator of a group and I think we're experiencing a bug (unless I'm missing something!). For a couple of weeks, there's been a number next to the Members in our admin tool bar. This has historically meant that we have a pending member, and indeed when I click on Members it defaults to pending members. But there are no pending members!

The issues seems to have started when I approved a pending member who I think was already in the group. Is there any way to get rid of this number, and stop it defaulting to a blank screen of pending members? Attaching a screenshot to show what I mean.

Thanks for any help!

-Christina

Did you check your activity log to see if possibly someone applied for membership, and then unsubscribed before you acted on the application? That can happen, but if so, the pending member count should be reduced, and maybe it’s not, which would be a bug.

On Aug 28, 2020, at 9:13 AM, Christina Shideler <efa.christina.shideler@...> wrote:

I apologize if this has been addressed before, a quick search did not bring it up. Also, if this is simply a case of user error on my part, please enlighten me!

I'm a moderator of a group and I think we're experiencing a bug (unless I'm missing something!). For a couple of weeks, there's been a number next to the Members in our admin tool bar. This has historically meant that we have a pending member, and indeed when I click on Members it defaults to pending members. But there are no pending members!

The issues seems to have started when I approved a pending member who I think was already in the group. Is there any way to get rid of this number, and stop it defaulting to a blank screen of pending members? Attaching a screenshot to show what I mean.

Thanks for any help!

-Christina

<Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 11.22.44 AM.png>

Christos G. Psarras

Christina,

I had this happen to me a couple of times before, and it seems something is getting cached somewhere, because I can log out of GIO, restart the browser, login back to GIO, and it's gone.

So give that a try and see if it works for you as well.  You can also try logging in using a different browser to see if it doesn't happen there.

Cheers,
Christos

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 9:13 AM Christina Shideler <efa.christina.shideler@...> wrote:

I'm a moderator of a group and I think we're experiencing a bug (unless I'm missing something!). For a couple of weeks, there's been a number next to the Members in our admin tool bar. This has historically meant that we have a pending member, and indeed when I click on Members it defaults to pending members. But there are no pending members!

We cache a count of pending members in the database. Sometimes this count gets out of sync, when someone merges their account with another account, or someone deletes their account. We (currently) don't update pending member counts when that happens. I have a process that I run on an ad hoc basis that fixes these problems. I've run it today and your pending member count should be fixed now.

Christina Shideler

Thanks so much, Mark! It is indeed fixed now. Appreciate it!

And thanks to all above for the tips. Will be sure to try should this happen again in the future!