Topics

moderated saving profile and other edits #suggestion

KWKloeber

Andy. TY

Okkkk,  Got it now. I was befuddled - there's no subgroup so there is no higher level -- I didn't think to look at the Account  (have never set any profile there.)

I doubt if many users would think Reset means "higher level."  Not fatal, but It might be helpful if on the Profile tab there was an explanation
(on a subgroup page) "A Reset defaults to your Group Profile" and
(on a Group page) "A Reset defaults to your Account Profile."

I tried it (AND figured if I left the tab I'd be safe; GIO wouldn't save the edit.)  Not so, GIO had saved the Reset edit (so I had to reenter everything.)
So (IMO) that's an inconsistency bug that could be cleaned up -
If leaving the Membership tab doesn't save the edit, then likewise leaving the Group Profile tab shouldn't save the edit. OR there should be warnings, such as "Are you SURE? (your reset will be saved automatically.)"

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 05:16 PM, Ken Kloeber wrote:
- "Reset"?  group profile -- does that resent to zero, or does it mean discard edits? (I'm afraid to click it!!)
Resetting a group profile removes any separate edits you have made so all values are taken from your higher level account profile.  Resetting a subgroup profile means values are taken from your higher level group profile.

Andy

KWKloeber

It would be helpful if there was a warning buzzer when changing from one tab to another (e.g., editing the Group Profile then tabbing to Integrations,)
(Edits are lost.)

And
- More clear options - a membership edit is "Saved", but a group profile is "Updated."
- Unclear what the toggles are for on the Profile Photo options?  Nothing really changes -- all I see is a tiny thumbnail no matter the toggle that's applied.
- The "move" icon (4 arrows) @ the lower left of the Profile Picture?  It does nothing?
- "Reset"?  group profile -- does that resent to zero, or does it mean discard edits? (I'm afraid to click it!!)

Thank you for your efforts, I believe we'll enjoy the new (to us) Premium service.

[Mod note: Changed hashtag from #bug to #suggestion]