Topics

moderated Group Description "request-ion" Might be a bug, dunno? #suggestion

KWKloeber

Mark

Yep, here NOW.
But C'MON, the advanced toolbar was there yesterday only when I switched from "normalized" to non-normalized emails.
We just upgraded to Premium, would that make a difference?  I also noticed a change in the presentation (expanding/contracting category menus. - nice.)

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 4:47 PM Ken Kloeber via groups.io <KWKloeber=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
When adding text to the Group Description block, we have the Full Monty text edit/format toolbar.  Except if emails are set to "normalized" text.
To create rich text in that block  one needs to turn OFF normalization, make the edits, turn on normalization, check the result (and go thru the routine to fix something amiss.)  Not earth ending, but clunky.

This isn't the case. The HTML editor is always displayed on the Group Settings page for the Group Description field, regardless of that setting.

Mark

KWKloeber

When adding text to the Group Description block, we have the Full Monty text edit/format toolbar.  Except if emails are set to "normalized" text.
To create rich text in that block  one needs to turn OFF normalization, make the edits, turn on normalization, check the result (and go thru the routine to fix something amiss.)  Not earth ending, but clunky.

Can rich text be the norm for that field, or must it be tied to the format of the emails?

ALSO, is it possible to add rich text to the custom email footer, or must that be Pain Jane?
Turning off "normalization" (as done above) had no effect on that block (no toolbar magically appeared.)