Topics

moderated Photo Upload Notifications #bug

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 12:02 PM Ginger Iorizzo <gingeriorizzo@...> wrote:
Thanks Bruce, but I understand how both messages are sent, one to the owner and one to the group. That’s not my issue.
The problem is that the body of the message says that XXXXXX uploaded a photo, along with a hyperlink to the photo, six times within the body of one message. And no, they are not multiple photos. It is only one photo.

I did a quick look at your group and couldn't find any photo notifications with multiple repeats. Please send me off-list a link to the message and I'll investigate.

Ginger Iorizzo

Thanks Bruce, but I understand how both messages are sent, one to the owner and one to the group. That’s not my issue.
The problem is that the body of the message says that XXXXXX uploaded a photo, along with a hyperlink to the photo, six times within the body of one message. And no, they are not multiple photos. It is only one photo.
Ginger

On Aug 4, 2020, at 1:27 PM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 10:48 AM, Ginger Iorizzo wrote:
When I receive a notification that a photo has been added, the same notice is repeated multiple times within the same message. ...Is this a known bug?
Ginger -- If by "multiple times" you mean twice, that's unlikely to be a bug.

It happens in the notification message I receive as the group owner and also in the notification message that is sent out to the entire group.
The notification sent to the entire group is triggered when the uploader ticks the corresponding checkbox in the upload dialog. You can head off this notification by setting the "moderated" flag on the #file-notice hashtag.

The notification sent to you as a Moderator/Owner is controlled by your subscription settings. Click on Subscription on the left-side menu bar and update the "Moderator Notifications" block according to your preferences.

Further discussion on this topic should really be taken up in GroupManagersForum or Group_Help.

Regards,
Bruce

Duane

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 12:27 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
You can head off this notification by setting the "moderated" flag on the #file-notice hashtag.
In this case, it would be the #photo-notice tag, but I've set _all_ of the #xxxx-notice tags to moderated so the group doesn't get as cluttered.

Duane

Bruce Bowman

[...]

When I receive a notification that a photo has been added, the same notice is repeated multiple times within the same message.  It happens in the notification message I receive as the group owner and also in the notification message that is sent out to the entire group.  Is this a known bug?
Ginger