moderated Apparent mail outage

Hi All,

FYI, we're seeing large numbers of failed deliveries to the following email providers:

sbcglobal.net, att.net, pacbell.net, bellsouth.net, prodigy.net, ameritech.net

The error message we're receiving is "blank mailhost - invalid address"

A Google indicates that we're not the only ones seeing this message, so I don't think it's specific to us.

It looks like roughly 10% of messages to these domains are failing.

I believe this started yesterday some time.

Mark

I think you can add gmail to that. There's at minimum a long delay in receiving the emails for some web posts.

Chris Callie

Net neutrality is starting early. Clearly you haven't paid your $5.99 fast email subcharge.

Chris Callie
------------------------
Mail: reddog176@...
Cell:  610.628.0522
Web: http://www.google.com/profiles/reddog176

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 3:04 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I think you can add gmail to that. There's at minimum a long delay in receiving the emails for some web posts.

Haha.

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Chris Callie <reddog176@...> wrote:
Net neutrality is starting early. Clearly you haven't paid your $5.99 fast email subcharge.

Chris Callie
------------------------
Mail: reddog176@...
Cell:  610.628.0522
Web: http://www.google.com/profiles/reddog176

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 3:04 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I think you can add gmail to that. There's at minimum a long delay in receiving the emails for some web posts.

Not sure if this is related, but I currently (and suddenly) have three yahoo email members who have bouncing almost all messages since Dec 20 and have gone into (blue) bouncing status, all with the same error message:

"554 delivery error: dd Requested mail action aborted - mta4370.mail.gq1.yahoo.com"

All of the other yahoo email members seem not to be bouncing messages, with the exception of one message, which all the yahoo emails have bounced, with error message

"552 message size exceeds maximum size"

I think one (possibly two?) other group owners are having problems with yahoo bouncing emails, according to a query I posted in GMF. From the responses there so far, it wasn't clear, but I thought I'd pass this along. I have put out a warning to group members using yahoo email.