Topics

moderated Add back Active checkbox to Invite and Direct Add member notices #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

Mark et al -- As someone who has no need for multiple invite templates, the necessity of having to always select one at the time of sending an invitation is a little burdensome. All too often I forget to do it, and the invitation goes out with no custom text at all.

I think it would be nice to add back the "active" checkbox for Member Notices of type Invite (and Direct Add). If one of them is thus marked, it would auto-populate without having to be selected, but could still be overridden by selecting something else from the Notices pull-down menu.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,
Bruce

Beth Weld

This change somehow slipped by me - we really need the direct add custom message to be automatically included when adding members. Our new members need the information at that point, and I'm puzzled why this "active" option was removed.  Please restore it.
Thanks
Beth Weld

Bruce Bowman

Mark -- I'm resurrecting this thread because the problem came up again in GMF. Apparently there are several groups out there who didn't notice the change in mid 2019 that implemented multiple invite/direct add templates. They expected the previous behavior that auto-populated the invitation with the "active" member notice. As a result, they've been sending invitations for more than a year without any custom text at all.

For those of us (and I suspect it's a substantial majority) who have no need for any multi-template feature, it would really be nice to be able to set a default/active template and have it auto-populate without having to select a lone template from the pick-list time after time.

Thanks much,
Bruce

Drew

This happened in our group. We only just realized that our custom text was no longer being included in invitations. The person who sends the bulk of invitations in our organization is not otherwise involved in administrative tasks in the group; but the change was also overlooked by by owners/moderators who sent occasional invitations over the past year.

Yes, please do implement an option for an "active" template for invitations so that the custom text will be included by default.

Drew

On 09/15/20 20:13, Bruce Bowman wrote:
Mark -- I'm resurrecting this thread because the problem came up again in GMF. Apparently there are several groups out there who didn't notice the change in mid 2019 that implemented multiple invite/direct add templates. They expected the previous behavior that auto-populated the invitation with the "active" member notice. As a result, they've been sending invitations for more than a year without any custom text at all.
For those of us (and I suspect it's a substantial majority) who have no need for any multi-template feature, it would really be nice to be able to set a default/active template and have it auto-populate without having to select a lone template from the pick-list time after time.
Thanks much,
Bruce

Hi All,

I've added back the ability to mark an invite or direct add member notice as the active one. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Bruce Bowman

Works great! Thanks!

Bruce