Topics

moderated Charset problems when downloading feed.ics from Calendar page #bug #fixed

sa@...

Hi there,

I met some charset error and url error when downloading Calendar ics files: feed.ics

This is the original content:

And this is the downloaded content:

So there are two errors:
* UTF8 is not supported in DESCRIPTION fields? (Chinese)

* http url is broken as ":" is replaced to " "

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:02 AM, <sa@...> wrote:
* http url is broken as ":" is replaced to " "
The colon removal was implemented in response to a problem with importing ICS files into Google Calendar (ref: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/25680).

But what does this mean for ICS files associated with Zoom meetings, where a hyperlink is intentionally added to both the Location and Description?

Regards,
Bruce

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 07:02 AM, sa@... wrote:

I met some charset error and url error when downloading Calendar ics files: feed.ics

Both of these bugs have been fixed.

Thanks, Mark

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 09:31 AM, Bruce Bowman wrote:

The colon removal was implemented in response to a problem with importing ICS files into Google Calendar (ref: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/25680 ).

We are no longer stripping colons from ICS files. I just pushed two other bug fixes which eliminated the need to strip colons.

Thanks, Mark

sa@...

Thanks for response so quickly.

Greatttt !  We are estimating to use GIO for managing our community groups and events

sa@...

That's great! thanks for response so quickly.