Topics

moderated Pending member display #suggestion

Peter Rawbone

Good morning all,

I've realised that my original message was a tad misleading - aplogies!  Here is a copy showing the 'Joined' query and beneath that is a copy of the Spam Control:-

So, whilst my message was slightly incorrect, I still feel that 'Joined' could be replaced with a more relevant word.

Mark - any thoughts?
--

Peter

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 05:38 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
A screenshot of your Spam Control settings
Also of the home page. My guess is he's accidentally referring to a non-restricted group.

Bruce Bowman

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 11:44 AM, Peter Rawbone wrote:
When someone applies to join our group(s) in the Members List they are shown as ‘joined’.  BUT they have not joined or are not members until they have been approved by Owner or Moderators.

Would it be a good idea to have a new title such as Applied?
Peter -- I'm not understanding this (yet).

If your group is Restricted, this column in your Member List should already be labeled "Applied." This was hashed out at length last year (ref: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/30371180#20347).

If your group is actually Restricted and that column nonetheless displays "Joined" that seems like a bug. A screenshot of your Spam Control settings would be helpful in troubleshooting.

Regards,
Bruce

Actually I take part of that back. There is a title "Applied" in the pending  members list, too. I don't see "joined" anywhere.

Where does it say "joined"? In my members list, the column is titled "Applied" and shows the date they applied. And there's no corresponding column in the Pending Members list anyway. Are you sure you are talking about a restricted group?

Peter Rawbone

Good day all,

When someone applies to join our group(s) in the Members List they are shown as ‘joined’.  BUT they have not joined or are not members until they have been approved by Owner or Moderators.

Would it be a good idea to have a new title such as Applied?

Take care and stay safe
--
Peter

[mod note: Added a subject]