Topics

moderated No user ID metadata in exported Photos zip file #bug #fixed

paul fox

mark wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 07:44 AM, paul fox wrote:
>

> > Is there a reason that the json files that accompany the exported
> > image folders in the exported zip file don't include the Owner name
> > that was associated with the folder on the site, along with the Title,
> > Description, and creation date?
> >

> I've added more information to both the album and photo json exports.

Thanks!

=----------------------
paul fox, pgf@... (arlington, ma, where it's 71.8 degrees)

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 07:44 AM, paul fox wrote:

Is there a reason that the json files that accompany the exported image folders in the exported zip file don't include the Owner name that was associated with the folder on the site, along with the Title, Description, and creation date?

I've added more information to both the album and photo json exports.

Cheers, Mark

paul fox

Is there a reason that the json files that accompany the exported
image folders in the exported zip file don't include the Owner name
that was associated with the folder on the site, along with the Title,
Description, and creation date?

Losing the owner information makes it much more difficult to recreate
the original tree with correct attribution, whether re-uploading (for
resizing purposes) or hosting elsewhere.

It's possible to get the owner name from the thumbnail index of the
Photos section -- so the omission can be worked around -- but it's
way more difficult than it should be.

paul
paul fox, pgf@... (arlington, ma, where it's 66.4 degrees)