Topics

moderated Databases #suggestion #done

Bob Bellizzi

Mark,
July 2, 2020 Not Done! on Premium Groups, Database Column Headers STILL scroll off the top of the screen in Map Mode
--

Bob Bellizzi

Peter Rawbone

Hello Mark,

Many thanks, just what I hoped for.  Thanks for getting my drift!

Enjoy the weekend
--
Peter

Thomas Gruber

Hi Mark,
The mobile app shows a very nice implementation of this: the table (contents) is a separate scrolling area, the heading and the surrounding part of the web site remain in place when you scroll in the table.
The web app doesn‘t quite do this, at least when I look at it in Chrome on iPad:
The whole page scrolls up, until the header row of the table hits the upper edge of the screen. Then, only the contents of the table and the footer part are scrolled further.
Thomas

Am 27.06.2020 um 00:55 schrieb Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io>:

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 06:05 AM, Peter Rawbone wrote:

Is it possible to ‘freeze’ the top row of a database a la Excel etc?  It is particularly irksome when editing or viewing an entry and then wondering what the column is?  If you get my drift.

Done.

Cheers, Mark

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 06:05 AM, Peter Rawbone wrote:

Is it possible to ‘freeze’ the top row of a database a la Excel etc?  It is particularly irksome when editing or viewing an entry and then wondering what the column is?  If you get my drift.

Done.

Cheers, Mark

Peter,

Is it possible to ‘freeze’ the top row of a database /a la/ Excel etc?
It is particularly irksome when editing or viewing an entry and then
wondering what the column is? If you get my drift.
I don't get your drift. In Excel (and most spreadsheets) the columns are only identified by letters, unless you've used a row for that.

In the Database each column is not only identified by the Name you gave that column in the table definition, but also the Description you gave it. The Description is shown when adding or editing a row. Unlike Excel you can't edit the cells in place, so one always has the opportunity to see each column's Description for those operations.

I'll grant though, it would be nice to have an option to freeze the column header (Names) while scrolling the table (since I generally have my Items Per Page set at 100).

Shal

Bob Bellizzi

There is also a more detailed list of my requests at
#24250 dated Feb 19, 2020

Bob Bellizzi

Bob Bellizzi

Hey, J,
I've made it pretty clear more than once.
I feel that Database operability is more important that all the effort on Notifications.
--

Bob Bellizzi

Bob Bellizzi

YES! As I also requested in my message 20604. along with a couple of other handy dandy
changes to Databases, viz
I would like to get some feedback on my other suggestions for Database changes that were made in the
#Suggestion message number 24250, especially the ability to "force view mode or map mode upon opening by the database owner and also as a permanent setting.
Is there a way that the column titles would stay in place when one scrolls down through a database?

--

Bob Bellizzi

Yes! Second that! I've requested it in the past but don't think I made the request very clear.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 6:05 AM Peter Rawbone <pjr@...> wrote:
Is it possible to ‘freeze’ the top row of a database a la Excel etc?  It is particularly irksome when editing or viewing an entry and then wondering what the column is?  If you get my drift.

Stay safe
--
Peter

Peter Rawbone